Daughter of a Nobody

Started by StoryTeller, Friday, 28 April 2023, 05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

243946748_1029685421220968_8533054343953610138_n.jpg

Episode 1

"Jesus! Thank You very very much, at last, you don answer my prayer. Baba God, You too much. Chai! So, me too go still get money for this world? Ehn ehn, God tells me say Brother Collins na my husband. Chimo! This one sweet me for the body, since he gets plenty money, he go send me go school.

Chineke idinma" Amaka talks to herself and dance around her one-room apartment after receiving a revelation of who her husband
She was just a new convert who heard a message in the Church that one doesn't choose a life partner by physical appearance and financial status rather, one has to go to God in prayer to reveal the right person. She had been praying for some months and this particular morning, God revealed to her that her husband is Brother Collins, one of the handsome young bachelors in her church.

Every lady admire and love him, single ladies wished to be his wife. Amaka also admired him but from a distance, because she felt wishing to be his wife was a fantasy because they are from different worlds. Brother Collins is a wealthy young man, he is educated, handsome, and has a great dress sense. Amaka on the other hand is an illiterate who sells Akara (bean balls) at the junction of her street for survival, she was termed one of the ugliest ladies in her church because of her dress sense, she was even stopped from being an usher because of the way she dresses.

Since Amaka knew who her partner is, she began to pray for him, she would make positive declarations into his life and ask God to bless every area of his life. Surprisingly, as Amaka was praying, Collins was prospering in every area of his life.  In the space of three months, he had five different promotions.

After waiting and praying for six months, Amaka went to her Pastor and told him about the revelation she had as regards her marriage. Pastor Godswill was surprised to hear her say Collins is the one God chose for her. He asked her if she was truly convinced which she affirmed. He promised to talk to Collins and get back to her before allowing her to see the marriage committee.

"What nonsense! What audacity!! Imagine such a great level of boldness!!!" Collins kept ranting as he walked into the house.       
"Son? What is the matter?" Mrs. Agnes asked her angry son
"Mother, can you imagine that dirty Amaka had the gut to tell the Pastor that God revealed to her that I am her husband"
"Ewo! Shoo!! Wetin my eye no go see. You mean Amaka, the dirtiest lady in our church told the Pastor that God revealed to her that you are her husband"
"Exactly mother, of all the brothers in the church, she had the effrontery to desire to marry me. Who does that? Didn't she see brothers in her league that she can marry?
" So, what was the Pastor's instruction?"
"He advised I pray so well and know what God's decision is" Collins replied
"Eeei! So, that thing called Amaka also knows good things. She wants to marry a handsome and rich young man, why can't she make herself beautiful and rich? Good riddance to bad rubbish, I will not open my eyes and watch my only son marry that dirty pig"
"Exactly mom. I was planning to take Isabella's name to the marriage committee next week Sunday only for this ugly pig to spoil my plans. Not to worry, I will go ahead with my plans. No one will stop me from marrying Isabella not even Amaka."

"Yes my son, I am in full support of that. Isabella is beautiful, have a good job, full of life, and has a good dress sense"
"Thank you mom, I just need to tell Isabella about this, the better put Amaka in her place if she doesn't want to lose her man"

To be continued...

For more stories, kindly followDeborah Olowojesikuon Facebook.

Episode 2

Amaka was happily frying her beanballs and selling them to her customers when she saw a jeep driving in the direction of her kiosk. At first, she thought it was one of her wealthy customers who love her beanballs but was later surprised to see Collins and his mom get down from the jeep and walked to her kiosk. As she beholds Collins' face, her heart skipped a beat and the butterflies in her stomach got awoken.
As they approached her kiosk, she ran out to greet them only for her to receive the shock of her life.
"So, it is you! it is you!!" Mrs. Agnes shouted the moment she came face to face with Amaka
"Good afternoon Mama, Biko, wetin I do?" Amaka asked in pidgin
"Will you shut your mouth?? She can't even speak good English yet you want to marry a rich man" Mrs. Agnes fired back at Amaka
"Look at how haggard she looks mother, an ordinary and dirty Amaka wants to marry a sophisticated man like me. You haven't see husband ooo, go back and tell Pastor that I said so" Collins said harshly to Amaka
By this time, a lot of people had gathered to witness the scene. Amaka who couldn't take the insult again faced both mother and son and asked them to leave her kiosk. They both left but not without warning her to stay clear of anything that concerns Collins.
As if that wasn't enough, Isabella came to Amaka Kiosk an hour later with two of her friends, they dragged her out of the kiosk, gave her the beating of her life, and kicked the large fry pan which she use for frying her beanballs making the content in the frying pan to spill on the ground. The already fried beanball in a white transparent plastic was thrown to the ground and the plastic was broken. Before leaving, Isabella warned her to stay away from Collins if she doesn't want to experience something worst.
That day was a horrible one for Amaka, her plan for that day was to renew her kiosk rent and pay the woman who usually gives her groundnut oil on credit. She could no longer do that because her means of payment had been destroyed, she sat on the ground and wept sore, she asked herself if was a crime to be poor. She wasn't just angry with herself, she was angry with God for revealing Collins to her as her husband, she was angry with the pastor for not handling things the right way.
Some of the onlookers who witnessed the incident moved closer to her, some came to console her while others came to hear what she did to attract the wrath of those that came to beat her just to get a gossip topic. Amaka was wise enough not to tell them the truth of the matter, she simply told them it was well and handed over the matter to God. With bruises all over her body and nothing else to sell, she locked her kiosk and went home to cry her eyes out. She blamed God for being unfair, she asked Him if there were no good guys out there that it had to be Collins he chose for her. Right on the floor in her room where she sat, she vowed not to ever think about marriage but focus on how to make her life better.
Amaka was a young lady of twenty-four, her parent was stinkingly rich when they were alive. Her father was a generous man who believed in helping his family members. His motto was "we rise by lifting others", he and his wife were such a lovely and happy couple but one thing kept making them unhappy and that was childlessness. As wealthy as they were, they had no child.
There was a family meeting and Amaka's father. Before this, his wife had a dream that he was shot in the village and pleaded with him not to attend the family meeting but he was adamant. It was at the family meeting that he was poisoned to death. A month after his death, his wife discovered she was pregnant. Her husband's family claimed the pregnancy wasn't for their brother because she became pregnant after his death, they seized all his properties and sent her out of the house leaving her with nothing to live on.
To be continued...

Episode 3

To make matters worst, Amaka's mother was a housewife and also had a joint account with her husband so, she had little or nothing in her account. Moving on with her life was very difficult as there was nothing to rely on, she was able to rent a room with the twenty thousand naira in her account, and to survive, she resulted into hawking sachet water.

Life wasn't fair but she kept living it, she couldn't go to her family for help because they had warned her not to marry him with the claim that his family isn't a good one. Her brother was the only one coming to her aid but he couldn't do much as he was just a student. She had Amaka amid the struggle. Unfortunately, Amaka lost her mother when she was just twelve.

Amaka, being a smart young girl decided to take over her mother's business, she hawked pure water for eight years before she learned how to fry Akara and decided it was better than hawking pure water. She continued living in the house her mother rented hoping that one day life would be favorable to her. Countless times, she had tried to locate her mother's younger brother but he was nowhere to be found. She kept living life like a daughter of a nobody.

Mama Chinedu, the woman that sold groundnut oil for Amaka on credit waited and waited for her to come and pay but didn't see her. After a week, she went to Amaka house to ask for her money which Amaka didn't have. When Amaka couldn't produce the money, Mama Chinedu began to disgrace her. The disgrace went on for about three days until one of her neighbors decided to lend her ten thousand naira for her to pay Mama Chinedu and start her business again.

Amaka's Joy knew no bounds that day, she renew her rent, bought all that she needed for her business, and started afresh.

Collins went back to the Pastor and told him that it was Isabella God revealed to him and not Amaka. The pastor asked if he was sure about Isabella and he affirmed it, the pastor advised him to go back to God in prayer to be sure before going into a relationship with Isabella. Collins insisted on Isabella being the chosen one hence, the Pastor had no choice but to let him see the marriage committee. He went to see the committee and began a relationship with Isabella.

After few months, both families met and chose the wedding and engagement date. Amaka on the other hand left the church to avoid further embarrassment.

To be continued...

Episode 4

Amaka almost drowns in the deep sea of depression if not for God's mercy and the help of the Holy Spirit. She stopped praying for a partner and consecrated on her beanballs business. She paid the kind neighbor who lent her the ten thousand and expanded her business, she began to sell bread and pap which brought her more gain. Her business became large that she had to employ two sales girls to help her. At a point, some people said she had bewitched her beanball that's why people can't get enough of it but she cared less, she ignored the rumors and focus on her business.

Collins's wedding ceremony was the talk of the town. Money was spent to make it a memorable one, there was a lot to eat and drink, high personalities in the society were invited to grace the occasion. To make Amaka jealous, she was also invited to the wedding but she ignored both the wedding and the invite.
It was indeed a wedding to remember, the couples looked so cute and received a lot of gifts from family, friends, and well-wishers. They received a house from Collins's father and a brand new car from Isabella's father. Collins felt so fulfilled and happy, he was so sure that his marriage would be so blessed and sweet.

Amaka was frying her beanballs while her sales girls was selling one day when a young man walked up to her.
"Good morning sister, how do you do?" He greeted Amaka
"Good morning brother, I dey find. You wan buy Akara?" Amaka asked
"Not at all, I learned you make one of the best bean balls in the area so, I have come to request for your service"
"Oga, I no go school so, I no hear wetin you dey talk. Biko, say wetin I go understand"
"Oops, I am sorry for that. My name na Kenneth, the thing be say my grandpa die and my mom say make I help am find person wey fit fry Akara for my grandpa remembrance. She wan share the Akara for the morning of the remembrance, you fit do am?" He explained in a way Amaka would understand
"Okay, which day una won do am and you go give me the address"
"Sure, that's never a problem"

Kenneth gave her his address and advice that she comes to see his mom so that they would discuss better and get to know what her charges would be. As we went back into his car, he began to ask himself how would a grown-up lady like Amaka not go to school in this era. He believed everyone should be educated in this twenty-first century since free education was made available.

On a weekend, Amaka went to Kenneth's residence as planned. She marveled at the beauty of the building as she hasn't seen a gigantic building before. After being ushered into the compound, she stood at the entrance of the house not knowing how to go in. She stood at the spot for almost an hour till a maid who was on her way to the market opened the door for her.

Mrs. Godwin was so pleased to see Amaka, her father's remembrance was in a few days, and being the favorite child of her father, she decided to mark it remarkably. Her friends advised that she share beanballs on the morning of the event and other dishes later in the day. After the discussion with her friends, she has been looking for who would make tasty beanballs for her until two weeks ago when one of her maids told her about Amaka.

Amaka and Mrs. Godwin had a lengthy discussion, she asked Amaka if she knows anyone who can prepare Igbo local dishes, and surprisingly, Amaka volunteered to help with that. The event came and Amaka did her best, she went along with her sales girls and together they prepared the beanballs and every other local dish that was needed, something that amazed Mrs. Godwin. When Mrs. Godwin's friend came around, they were disgusted by the fact that Mrs. Godwin employed the service of a cheap girl instead of a chef but when they had a taste of the beanballs and every other dish available, they became speechless.

Some of them begin to employ the service of Amaka. Mrs. Godwin told Amaka that she would be coming to her house every weekend to prepare some local soup for her.
To be continued...

Episode 5
Amaka was grateful to God for the connection He gave to her, she honored the invitation of Mrs. Godwin friends and gave them the best they needed for their occasion. Amaka made a huge sum of money from those occasions and decided to go to school even if it means having just her SSCE result.

After the remembrance ceremony, Amaka kept on going to Mrs. Godwin's residence to make local soup for her. During that period, Mrs. Godwin told her that Kenneth's wedding ceremony was on the way and she would need her service as regards making local soup for the event. Amaka promised to be there to help with the local soup.

A few months after being informed about Kenneth's upcoming, Amaka was in the kitchen preparing a local soup for Mrs. Godwin when Kenneth walked into the house looking worn out and dejected, he didn't reply to the greetings of the house helps which was unlike him. Just as his mother instructed Amaka, as soon as she was done cooking, she went to Kenneth's room to tell him the food was ready only to meet him in tears. He was oblivious to the fact that someone was in his room as he was weeping heavily.

Amaka had to leave the room and informed Mrs. Godwin about the condition she met her son. Mrs. Godwin stopped what she was doing and ran to her son's room to confirm Amaka's statement and surprisingly, she found it to be true.

"Oh, my boy! What happened to you? Why are you wailing?" A surprised Mrs. Godwin asked her son

"Mom??" Kenneth called

"Yes, my boy, feel free to speak to your mother"

"Can you believe Jovita got married to someone else without breaking up with me? She didn't even deem it fit to inform me"

"Holy Christ! Have you informed her parent?"

"Sure and all they could say was that they are sorry"

"Sorry?? A wedding we are already planning for, you guys wedding is supposed to come up in three weeks. She told me that she would be in Nigeria next week. This is pure wickedness" Mrs. Godwin exclaimed

"And to think I sent the sum of five hundred thousand naira to her last week to buy her wedding dress and accessories. Can you believe that she has been married for three months and she is currently pregnant for her husband? I still can't believe Jovita could do this to me? Did I do something wrong by loving her?"

"It's alright my son, I would speak to your dad. Her family would pay for this act of wickedness. They knew their daughter was just playing with my son's heart yet, they kept quiet and continue to collect money from us. It is okay, God would give you a better woman very soon, just take heart and let her go"

"I am trying to forget her but it's hard, this is the first lady that I would fall deeply in love with"

"I know you are more spiritual than I am and you do tell me to speak to God when I am being overwhelmed, why not speak to God in this trying period of yours? Tell Him to help you get over Jovita and give you a better woman"

"Hmm, you are right mom. I will do exactly as you've said. Thanks for the advice and care, I love you, Mom"

Kenneth did as his Mom advice, he poured out his heart to God. He reminded God that he didn't choose Jovita himself but God did. That night, he cried to God and felt this peace in his heart which symbolized that God heard. After crying to God, Holy Spirit told him not to cry again that God is preparing another lady for him, one far better than Jovita.

To be continued...

Episode 6

After praying and receiving consolation from God, Kenneth still found it hard to move on, he still couldn't believe that Jovita could hurt him in that manner, he had always taught she loved him more than he loved her. After his encounter with Christ, he had always told God that he won't get entangled with any lady except God lead him to her. And truly, God led him to Jovita. Although the feeling wasn't there in the first place but it started to grow and with time, they were so much in love with each other.

Jovita got a scholarship to have her Masters in Canada, Kenneth was skeptical at first but he couldn't ask her to let it slide, it would look like he was acting as a hindrance to her success. While overseas, they were always communicating and preparing for their wedding, their plan was to get married as soon as Jovita is through with her Masters. They kept on with their plans, they had gotten an apartment of their own and set it up only for Kenneth to receive the shocking and devastating news that his wife-to-be was legally married to another man and was even expecting his first child. The scenario still looks shocking to Kenneth but he had to painfully let go.

Six months later, Kenneth was down with malaria and typhoid and was placed on bed rest so that he would get as much rest as possible. Amaka, who was rounding up her cooking one Saturday afternoon was instructed by Mrs. Godwin to help serve her son a hot cup of coffee. Amaka made the coffee just as Kenneth taught her and took it to his room. Getting to his room, she met him lying down. Immediately he saw her walked into his room with a cup of coffee, he sat up to receive it from her. As the cup got to him, he had the Holy Spirit whispered to him.

"She is the one" Holy Spirit whispered

"Who??" Kenneth asked

"The woman chosen for you"

"Huh??" The coffee spilled out of his mouth as he heard that from the Holy Spirit

"She has what it takes to go through the marital path with you"

"An illiterate? What happened to all the educated ladies throwing themselves at me?"

"If you want to fall from the ladder of success, you can marry any of them"

"Haa" Kenneth screamed forgetting that Amaka was still waiting to collect the mug from him.

"Oga, you fine at all? Abi make I go call your mama?" A surprised Amaka asked a lost Kenneth

"Huh?? No, I am fine. Thanks for the coffee, you can now go"

"Alright sir, rest well oooo, all of us miss you"

"It's fine, I will be strong in no time. Thanks once again"

The realization that Amaka was the one God recommended for him hit him like a deep blow to the extent that he lost concentration at work. He felt the urge to talk to someone but his friends were out of the way because they would so much convince him out of marrying Amaka. One of them was already trying to link him with his younger sister. He knew Shina was a greedy person and wanted his sister to date him so that she would have access to his family's empire but he was smart enough to always turn down the offer plus his sister had dated one of their friends.

When Kenneth couldn't hold it again, he decided to confide in his mother. At first, he didn't want to confide in he because she wasn't very spiritual but he later felt, she is the onlh one that can give him the right advice being his mother.

"That can never happen, Ken. How would my only child stoop so low to the point of wanting to marry a poor and uneducated girl like Amaka, she can't even speak good English for crying out loud, what do you want my friends to say? Do you want them to mock me?. Can't you see that she is a daughter of a nobody?"

"Calm down mom, I didn't make this decision myself. God, specifically told me that she is my wife"

"Go back to God again, tell Him that Amaka isn't fit for you"
 To be continued...

Episode 7

Amaka woke that particular morning feeling so happy and refreshed, all of a sudden, she began to have an ill feeling, she tried to figure what was wrong but she couldn't. Three hours later, she received a call from Mrs. Godwin who was ranting and screaming, she warned Amaka never to step foot in her house again if she doesn't want trouble. Amaka was so surprised to hear Mrs. Godwin talk that way to her, she tried to ask what her offense was but Mrs. Godwin banged the phone on her.

Amaka decided to go see her and tender an apology if she had offended Mrs. Godwin. Getting to her residence, Mrs. Godwin didn't bother to listen to her, she simply ordered her guards to thrown Amaka out of the house. Amaka went home in tears promising to forget all about Mrs. Godwin and focus on becoming a better version of herself.

Amaka enrolled herself in an adult school In a bid to better herself. It was very hard to forget Mrs. Godwin because she was already used to her and took her as a mother nevertheless, she decided to move on.

Kenneth was surprised as to why Amaka was no longer coming to make soup for them. He fell in love with local soup the period his mom took him to the village to visit his paternal grandparents. When his mother noticed that he had fallen in love with those local dishes, she began to prepare them for him but had to stop because of health issues as she was warned by their family doctor that if she wants to live long, she should avoid stress.

Kenneth asked his mother why Amaka wasn't coming again and the answer he got was that Amaka no longer have the time to come around again. Surprised, he went to visit her at her joint to confirm if that statement of his mother is true.

"Oga Kenneth, I no know wetin I do your mama, she says make I no come again. I even come beg am, she no gree" Amaka replied when Kenneth asked for her reason of not coming to their place again

"Hmm, you mean my mom stopped you?"

"Yes, I no-no wetin I do and she be good person"

"I don't know what my offense is and she is a good person" Kenneth corrected her

"Shey I fit speak this big grammar?" Amaka asked

"Just give it a try, it all begins with the willingness to learn"

"Okay, I..don nor my offense and she is a good person" Amaka gave it a try

"Wow! You tried, the more you learn, the better you become"

"Thank you, Oga Kenneth"

"Call me Kenneth"

"Huh?? No oo"

"Please" Kenneth pleaded while maintaining eye contact with her which made her uncomfortable

"I no go fit" She replied and quickly disconnected herself from the eye contact

"Alright, that's by the way. I am going to take you to my house then, you and my mom would sort out your differences"

"Wow! Thank you"

"Nice English, let's get going"

Amaka gave her sales girls instructions before leaving with Kenneth. As they walked to the car, Kenneth suddenly held her by the hands and opened the Car door for her which was surprising to her. Getting to the house, Kenneth also opened the door for her to come out, and together they walked into the building. Immediately Mrs. Godwin set her eyes on Amaka, she became enraged. She came closer to Amaka, slapped her, and dragged her to get out of her house, an action that left Kenneth dazed.

To be continued...

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesikuon Facebook.

Episode 8

Kenneth ignored his mom's call and ran after Amaka, he pursued her with his car and was able to catch up with her. He pleaded with her to forgive his mother but she refused to listen to him, before Amaka could say jack, he carried her into his car and locked the door immediately to avoid her coming down from the car and resume pleading with her.

"Leave me na" Amaka shouted at Kenneth

"I am very sorry for my mother's sudden attitude towards you, I don't know what came upon her, I just want you to forgive her. Just take her as your mother"

"Wetin I do gansef?" Amaka inquired

"Just forget it, Biko no vess. Take am said na me offend you" Kenneth replied in pidgin

"Why you con dey speak bad English?"

"Don't mind me, you know what?? Kenneth asked maintaining eye contact with her again

"What?" Amaka asked wondering why he kept maintaining eye contact with her

"I love you" he confessed

"Eh? No dey joke with me jare"

"Come on, I am being honest here. You are the chosen one for me and I have fallen in love with you"

"You like me? I no fine, I no go school, I no Sabi better English, I no get family, why you con like me? Abi you want to sleep with me?"

"Of course not, I am a child of God and I am not ready to engage in premarital sex. I love you and want to make you my wife" Kenneth explained

"Hmmm, your mama no go allow you oooo"

"Don't worry, I am her only child and I know how to get her to accept you. I want you to pray about this and get back to me but I need to make this up to you by shopping for you"

"Wetin be shopping?"

"I want to buy you some nice dresses and a good phone"

"Noo, I fit buy clothes and phone for myself" Amaka disagreed

"I insist, let's get going"

Kenneth drove to his friend's boutique and pleaded with the salesgirl to help him pick attractive dresses for Amaka. Beautiful and expensive dresses, shoes, sandals, handbags, and body spray were all picked for Amaka. When she saw them, she told Kenneth that they were too expensive but he told her not to worry. Amaka was taken to the dressing room to try the clothes and when she saw how beautiful she looked in them, she was shocked. She never knew she was that beautiful, her slim waist fitted her perfectly.

After leaving the boutique, Kenneth took her to a salon where her hair was made then, he drove to a phone shop and got her an Infinix Hot 10. When Amaka saw all that Kenneth bought for her, she knelt in appreciation and prayed for him with tears running down her face.

Kenneth felt happy but embarrassed, he had to quickly lift her from the ground and ask her to thank God. Amaka prayed about Kenneth's proposal and got a positive reply from God, she was scared of going into a relationship with Kenneth because of his mother but God assured her that He would work things out in her favor. With joy radiating all over her, she gave Kenneth a yes, and with that their relationship began. Kenneth showed her what love truly is and she cared so much for him. Often, she would prepare lunch and take it to his office, sometimes breakfast and dinner.

Mrs. Godwin was becoming worried as to why her son was no longer eating at home, she enquired from his secretary who told her that his fiancee do bring food for him, a surprised Mrs. Godwin told the Secretary to call her when next the so-called girlfriend comes. The next time Amaka took a cooler of food to Kenneth's office, the Secretary informed Mrs. Godwin who after receiving the Secretary's call left for her son's office to see who her son's lover was.

When Amaka got to the office, Kenneth was having a meeting with an investor so Amaka had to wait outside his office. She brought out her cell phone and began to watch a movie just to keep herself busy, she hadn't watched the movie for long when she heard someone walking towards Kenneth's office, she looked up and her eyes met with that of Mrs. Godwin's. She became enraged immediately she saw Amaka, she landed her a hot slap and began to beat her after the Secretary confirmed that she is Kenneth's fiancee who do bring food for him.

Kenneth and the investor heard the noise and came out to see what was happening. Kenneth ran to release an already wounded Amaka from his mother's grip.

"Amaka?" The investor called her

"Uncle Nnamdi?? Where you con go?"

"Kenneth, this is my niece that I have been searching for and I can't believe that your mother just maltreated her and to think I came to invest fifty million in her son's company. I am sorry, this deal is canceled"

With that, Nnamdi held Amaka's hand, and together, they walked out of Kenneth's company.

To be continued...

Episode 9

On getting home, Uncle Nnamdi attended to Amaka's bruises and then, showed her the room she was to pass the night. She freshened up and had her dinner, Uncle Nnamdi allowed her to rest with the intention of having a heart-to-heart talk with her the following day. Very early the following morning, Uncle Nnamdi brought Amaka's breakfast to her while she was still in bed, a surprised Amaka had to ask why he was so caring to her and he replied that her mother was his favorite sibling.

After breakfast, Uncle Nnamdi invited Amaka to the living room and asked her to tell him all that happened. Amaka wasted no time in narrating how her mother died, how she suffered and was maltreated. Uncle Nnamdi apologized for not being there for her, he explained that he traveled out of the country for his Masters and got married in the States but returned a year ago after the death of his wife during childbirth. He promised to be there for her and treat her like his own child, he also promised to introduce her to her mother's parents and siblings. Amaka appreciated God inwardly that at last, she is no longer the daughter of a nobody. While they were discussing, Amaka's cell phone rang, it was Kenneth, he had been calling the previous day and also sent numerous messages to her when she didn't pick.

"Who is calling you?" Uncle Nnamdi asked

"Kenneth"

"Do you love him?"

"Yes" Amaka replied shyly

"Why do you love him?" He pressed further

"He dey nice and he like me very very much"

"What is his intention towards you??"

"He wan marry me"

"Has he slept with you?"

"No ooo"

"And why??"

"I be child of God and him sef be child of God"

"That's a nice one but his mother doesn't want you for her son, what are you going to do about that?"

"I no no" Amaka replied with tears dropping from her face

"It's okay, you don't need to cry. If he is meant for you, things would fall in place for you guys. Meanwhile, you need to get yourself educated, I will employ the service of a home tutor to teach you what you need to know. One more thing, pick Kenneth's call and also send him my address, I need to have a word with him"

"Okay sir"

Before they rounded up their discussion, Amaka told Uncle Nnamdi about her beanball business and he told her she can no longer continue with is as she needs to focus on getting educated. Amaka paid one of the sales girls who have been giving her headache off and sold her business to the serious one why she focus on becoming a better person.

Immediately Kenneth saw the address Amaka sent to him, she drove there. On getting there, he drew Amaka into his arms and apologized for his mother's action. His heart broke when he saw the injury on Amaka's face.

"Sweetheart, I am very sorry for all that happened yesterday" Kenneth apologized

"Abeg, free me jare"

"Babe......"

"My Uncle wan see you, he say make I bring you"

"We would talk later okay??"

"Okay"

Amaka took Kenneth to her Uncle, Uncle Nnamdi welcomed him and offered him a seat.

"My niece told me a lot about you, how you love and care for her. From all she said about you, it is obvious that she is also in love with you, I can't deny you guys the privilege to be with one another since you guys are in love and God is in support but I need to know what plans you have for her"

"First of all, thank you sir for your forgiveness. No one would be witnessed what happened yesterday and still allow his or her family member to continue with that relationship. As regards my plans for Amaka, I want to make her my wife" Kenneth replied

"And how soon do you see that plan of yours coming to manifestation?"

"This year is almost gone, I am going to work on convincing my mom to accept Amaka, my Dad is never a problem, he has met with her and has accepted her. Once that is done, our marriage plans will commence, we should get married before the end of next year"

"Hmmm okay, what about her education? Or are you satisfied with the level she is?"

"Not at all sir, I am a highly placed person in society and it is my joy to have an educated woman as my wife so, I have decided to sponsor her education. We discussed that already, she wishes to be a university graduate and I have promised her that it would be granted. Currently, she is in an adult school where she is receiving the basic things"

"That's awesome! I love your plans and I can see that you are truly in love with her. Let me sound a note of warning to you, never try to maltreat my niece, her mother is my favorite sibling and if you try to maltreat her, I will deal with you"

"Trust me, sir, she is the apple of my eyes and I would never maltreat her"

"Hmm, you guys are making me remember my dead wife"

"Ohh, so sorry sir, God will console you and give you a better replacement"

"Amen, thank you. You can go talk to her and about our deal, I will give it a thought"

"Wow! Thank you, sir"

To be continued...

Episode 10

"Hey" Kenneth called unto Amaka the moment he walked into the kitchen

"Hi" she replied without bothering to look him in the face

"What are you cooking?"

"Food"

"Come on, don't be like that na, I am sorry for all my mom ever did to you and I promise to get her to come around"

"Okay"

"Sweet, look at me please"

"No"

"Please na"

"See my face" Amaka referred to the wound on her face

"I am very sorry"

"Alright"

Kenneth assisted Amaka in setting the dining table and together, the trio had lunch of Jollof rice and meat with lots of plantains just as Kenneth loved it. After lunch, Kenneth did the dishes and spent time with Amaka in Uncle Nnamdi's garden before going back to the office only for him to meet his closest friend waiting for him at the reception.

"Hi, dude, where have you been? I have been here for more than two hours"

"Is that a good afternoon, Femi?"

"Cut the crap, you owe me an apology" Femi protested

"You never told me you were coming, I would have waited for you or better still, tell you when to come so, it's kinda not my fault" Kenneth defended himself

"You no well"

"Fine! I am sorry for keeping you waiting Doctor Femi. What should I offer you?"

"Now, you are talking"

"See his mouth"

Kenneth called his secretary and told her to get his friend a bottle of water and a plate of food from the cafeteria which was beside the company. After she served Femi, Kenneth told her that he would still discuss with her because he knew someone told his mother about Amaka as his mother does not come to the company unannounced. Right there, the Secretary explained things to Kenneth with the claim that she didn't know that things would turn out that way, she asked Kenneth to forgive her as she wasn't ready to lose her job. Kenneth was mad at her for not informing him about his mother's question but with the intervention of his friend, he let sleeping dogs lie.

"I came to see you for something important Ken"

"I am all ears"

"Why have you not been going home? Your mom called me to come to plead with you to come back home, she said she offended you and since then, you have refused to come home or even pick her call"

"If that's what you have come to discuss with him, I am sorry, I am not ready to listen to you"

"We are talking about your mother here, Ken. She misses you"

"What happened to her husband? Let her call him and let me be"

"Come on Ken, what is the matter? Is this about Amaka? That poor girl shouldn't cause a rift between you and your mother"

"If you say any ill thing about Amaka, I will usher you out of my office"

"Seriously?? Okay, I am sorry" Femi apologized

"What would you do to someone who made you lose a contract of fifty million which you have been pursuing for years??"

"I will cut him off as in, I would never relate with him or her again"

"I trust you and your love for money, that is exactly what my mother did. She made me lose a contract I had been pursuing for over five years and the day, the man came here to sign the form that the contract has been given to my company, my mother came here to display some annoying attitude"

"Please be plain, I don't understand what you are talking about"

"She came to my office to find out why I hadn't been eating at home and met Amaka here, without bothering to ask her anything, she launched out to Amaka, tore her clothes, and beat her till she sustained injuries on her face. The investor and I came out of my office to see what was happening and surprisingly, Amaka turned out to be his lost but found niece. Right there, he dissolved the contract and went away with Amaka."

"Chimo! This one strong oooo but she remains your mother"

"The only thing that would make me come back home is when she accepts Amaka as my wife to be and apologize to her."

"Hmmm, Ken is in love oooo. Kai! I can see it in his eyes but will she make a good wife?

"She is ten times better than Jovita, I just need to tush her up"

"Wow! I can't wait to meet her"

"I hope you are not planning on stealing my woman? Well, I know her so well, she won't even fall in love with you"

"Of course not, I am a changed person"

"Indeed! You are a changed person but you won't stop sleeping with the nurses in your hospital, I hope you won't get tied with pregnancy one day"

"It can't happen, I make use of protection"

"And you think protection is hundred percent safe abi? I have told you to drop this lifestyle and embrace Christ, I was worst than you but Christ gave my life a new form"

"E don do, I will convey your message to your mom"

After a month of not seeing her son, Mrs. Godwin had no choice but to put her pride aside and accept Amaka as her daughter-in-law to be and apologize to her. The Holy Spirit also warned her to let them be. That day, Mrs. Godwin went to Kenneth's office and told him that she has finally accepted Amaka as her daughter-in-law. Kenneth was stunned to hear that, he embraced his mom deeply and thanked her. Right there, he invited Amaka over to his office.

Amaka walked majestically into Kenneth's company, she has become so beautiful in a short while. As she walked into his office, Mrs. Godwin was dazed, this was not the Amaka she use to know, this was a more beautiful Amaka. Amaka on her part was so surprised to see Mrs. Godwin in Kenneth's office, she made to leave immediately so that she won't receive another round of beating but Kenneth stopped her immediately. Kenneth was also surprised to see her looking beautiful and hot, he had to keep resisting himself from kissing her.

Before Amaka could say anything, Mrs. Godwin apologize to her and then gave them the go-ahead to be together, something which was surprising to Amaka. Amaka appreciated her and promised to be a good wife and daughter-in-law both to Kenneth and his mother.

To be continued...

Episode 11

Kenneth made sure Amaka became very close to Mrs. Godwin to boost the mother-to-daughter relationship and in no time, Mrs. Godwin and Amaka became inseparable. At a point, she was the one urging them to get married on time as Kenneth was thirty years while Amaka was twenty-six.

Amaka progressed academically and in no time became fluent in English, Kenneth wanted to set up a business for but she told him to transfer the money to her bank account while she further her studies.

Uncle Nnamdi introduced Amaka to her grandmother which was his mother and his other siblings. Amaka's mother was the first and favorite child of the family so, Amaka was well cared for. When Amaka's mother fell in love with her dad, her mom knew it won't last hencd, they tried to speak sense into her but her mind was made up. When Amaka's mom saw that everyone was against her relationship, she suddenly got pregnant for Amaka Dad and when that happened, her family had no choice but to let her get married to Amaka's Dad. Unfortunately, she lost the pregnancy a month after her traditional marriage and didn't get pregnant till few weeks before her husband's died.

Kenneth's family met with that of Amaka and dates for both the traditional and white wedding were chosen. As her wedding day was drawing near, Amaka kept pinching herself to see if she was dreaming, she would look into her dressing mirror and ask if she was the same Amaka that was poor and had nobody to call family. Being the daughter of the favorite child of the family, her grandmother and mother's siblings doted on her, they showed her so much love and care. Amaka suddenly became someone who had people that cared so much about her.

The wedding day came and it was the talk of the town, Kenneth ensured he spent a lot to make it a success. When Amaka wanted to contribute to the expenses of the wedding, he rejected it. Amaka's grandparents, Uncles, and Aunties were not left out, they played their part to make the wedding a success. The guest was so many that Amaka began to ask if it was her wedding because she didn't know one-quarter of those that attended her wedding.

The wedding came to an end and the new couple was driven to the new house which Kenneth bought two months to the wedding, he had fallen so much in love with Amaka that he wanted to do everything possible to make her feel comfortable, he even bought a new car for them. Kenneth on his path was so excited, he felt fulfilled, he was finally a married man after his failed relationship. He couldn't stop staring at Amaka's beautiful face, he kept asking himself who can believe that the Amaka of three years ago can be as beautiful as the one sitting beside him in the car that was driving them home. He smiled and kissed her gently causing Amaka to smile back at him.

The car parked in the compound and as Amaka was about to get down, Kenneth stopped her and carried her into the room in a bridal style. He dropped her on the cushion gently and helped her remove her shoes then, they knelt before the bed, appreciate God for how far He had helped them, and also made positive decrees into their marriage. Done with the prayer, Kenneth went downstairs to appreciate his friends and wished them well before going into the room to meet his beautiful bride.

As he got into the room, he met Amaka trying to remove her gown, he helped with the zip and helped her undress. Amaka thanked him shyly and went about the serving of the food. They both ate like hungry lions as they had been on a fast. Done with the food, Kenneth took the dishes to the kitchen to wash while Amaka went to freshen up. As Amaka came out of the bathroom, she collided with Kenneth who was undressing. Kenneth was dazed when he saw her not fully dressed, that was the first time he was seeing her in a revealing dress, he never knew she was beautiful inside and outside. He forgot that he was preparing to take his bath and walked closer to her closing up the gap between them, he drew her closer to himself and engaged her mouth in a business of kissing.

To be continued...

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesikuon Facebook.

Episode 12

"I love you baby" Kenneth confessed as he stroked Amaka's hair lovingly while she simply smiled

"Why didn't you tell me?" Kenneth asked

"Tell you what?" Amaka replied with a question

"That you have never done it before"

"Ohh, I thought you were supposed to know"

"Suppose to know? Come on, we hardly get to see a virgin in this century we are in"

"Well, that was a personal determination plus, I believe children of God are meant to abstain from every sexual activity till they get married" Amaka replied fluently

"My dear, I hope people understand that. You see, even those that profess to be true children of God are being caught in the web of immorality. I was sexually active too till Jesus saved and delivered me"

"Hmm?? Tell me more"

"Let's talk about it tomorrow, I need to sleep like, I am seriously tired"

"please now" Amaka pleaded

"I thought you were tired from all the dancing at the reception"

"I am tired but I want to listen to this"

"I promise to tell you all about it tomorrow, let's go freshen up, have a change of bed sheet and have a sweet night rest"

"Tomorrow after Church, promise?"

"Promise!!" Kenneth replied with his hands placed on his chest symbolizing that he was serious.

"Okay, you will have to carry me to the bathroom"

"Anything for my baby"

The following morning, Kenneth and Amaka went to Church, it was a Thanksgiving service for them. Amaka forgot the body aches she was experiencing and danced like never before, she was just so grateful to God for changing her story and giving her true happiness. After lunch, Amaka reminded her husband about the story he promised her, and without hesitation, Ken narrated to it her.

"I was a bad boy while on Campus, I slept with anything in a skirt, I drank like there is no tomorrow and smoke as if my life depended on it" Kenneth began

"Like seriously??" Amaka exclaimed

"Yes, my squad consist of four boys from wealthy homes, we were pampered children who trampled on the right of the poor and less privileged. At the beginning of each semester, my three other male friends and I will come up with a plan of sleeping with fifty ladies each and we would execute that plan of ours"

"Jesus! That was bad"

"To us, it was enjoyment. Something happened one day that changed the course of my life. One of my friends and I raped a church girl to death but before she died, she said we would never know peace till we receive Christ and if we refuse to accept Christ, we would die a painful death. True to her words, we lost our peace immediately after the act, a few weeks later, some group of boys preached to hs but we made a caricature of the Word.

Two hours after the preaching, my partner in the rape was killed by a bus right in front of his hostel, I needed no soothsayer to tell me that the girl's last words were coming to manifestation. I ran to the guys that preached to us in the noon and they led me to Christ, that was how I became a changed man and began to live for Christ. When the Church heard what I did, they advise me to go make restitution to the girl's parents and it earned me few years in prison but I was later released when the girl's parents said they had forgiven me and influenced my release through their connection in the country."

"Wow! God loves you"

"You can say that again and I will never take that love for granted"

"That's great. Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, you are my wife na"

"Why were you crying last night, you thought I was asleep but I wasn't"

"Hmmm, I was surprised that God gave me a woman who has not been defiled. I was thinking he would give me a woman who has lost her womb to abortion or one who had been in several relationships. It's was something to appreciate God for, I was thanking God for giving me a woman like you"

"Wow! I feel overwhelmed, Promise me you would forever cherish me and that you won't break my heart"

"I promise to love and care for you till death do us part, my beautiful Amaka"

To be continued...
For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook.

Episode 13

Amaka sat for SSCE and ace it, Kenneth help influence her admission to the University of Lagos to study Catering and Hotel management as Amaka had a passion for cooking. Amaka resumed classes and was always coming home by the weekend, she enjoyed the lecture because it was something she had a passion for. The first year ended and Amaka was on Holiday, staying at home was so boring hence, she decided to go visit her husband at the office one day, she prepared lunch which she took along with her.

Getting to his office, Kenneth was so surprised to see her because she didn't inform him she was coming. She served him lunch and then lay on the couch in his office surfing the net. Twenty minutes later, the door to Kenneth's opened, and a young man who looked tattered and disturbed walked in, Amaka looked at the man and his face looks familiar.

"Guy, where have you been, we called your lines, sent you SMS and even WhatsApp messages but you didn't reply any. What happened??" Kenneth asked immediately the man sat before him

"She is gone" the man replied dejectedly

"Who is gone? Come on stop speaking in parables

" My mom died last night"

"Oh my!! That's painful, accept my condolences bro" Kenneth consoled him

"And to think Isabella killed her"

"What?? How come?" Kenneth asked

"Few years after our marriage, Isabella and I had a big disagreement, I discovered that she was cheating on me. I was so angry that I laid my hands on her which resulted in a miscarriage, she took the matter up and got me locked up"

"Wow! That is bad" Kenneth exclaimed

"I was just kept in the police custody without being taken to court. While I was in the police net, Isabella gave my mom's maid a poison to keep adding in her tea every day, it was a poison meant to kill my mom slowly"

"This is disheartening"

"By the time I came out of the police custody, Isabella had sold my company and properties and traveled to the States with her lover. Then, my mom's health had become irredeemable, she died yesterday and as I am now, I am penniless. Ken, where would I start from?" Collins lamented

"It's alright Collins, I believe God will lift you again" Kenneth consoled

"Collins?" Amaka called

"Yes, can I help you?"

"This is my wife, we got married a few months ago" Kenneth introduced

"Ohh pardon my manners, she is beautiful" Collins commented

"You don't remember me right? Well, I will introduce myself. I am Amaka the beanballs seller who you and your mother came to disgrace just because I told the Pastor that God told me you were meant to be my husband. You all thought nothing good can come out of me but God in His infinite mercy made me somebody"

"Shut up there, will you?" Kenneth rebuked Amaka while Amaka eyed him and sat down

"Let her be Ken, see where my foolishness and desire to marry a sophisticated lady has led me to. God told me that Amaka was my wife but I felt she was below my standard" Collins lamented

"It's okay, all that is bygone. I am willing to loan you some money so that you can pick up the pieces of your life again"

Right there, Kenneth gave Collins a cheque of ten million to start life afresh. Collins was more than grateful, he appreciated Kenneth and ask Amaka to forgive him of his past misdeeds. Immediately Collins left Kenneth's office, Amaka also picked her handbag and made to leave.

"And where do you think you are going too?" Kenneth asked her

"It's none of your business" with that, Amaka left for home

Kenneth got home that evening and met his wife preparing dinner, he went to the bedroom to freshen up and came back to attend to her.

"Good evening dear" Kenneth greeted

"Huh? Welcome" Amaka replied without bothering to look at his face

"You have been giving me the silent treatment since you left my office, what is my offense?"

"Never mind"

"Sorry now," Kenneth said and tickled her

"Leave me alone"

"Babe, you are crying"

"Why will you shut me up in his presence? Do you know what they did to me? Collins and his mother disgraced me while Isabella destroyed my source of livelihood"

"You have to let sleeping dogs lie, didn't you see how God rewarded you? To me, I felt you were mocking his predicament that was why I shut up. No matter what position we have attained, we should never mock our offenders, we should allow God to fight for us till the end"

"I wasn't mocking him, I just wanted him to know that the rejected stone has now become the head of the corner"

"Ehn ehn? Are you for real?" Kenneth joked

"Is that your apology?"

"Fine! I am sorry" Kenneth apologized

"I am sorry for my behavior too" Amaka also apologized

"I have been watching you these days, you are becoming fatter and your breast is becoming tender"

"Ehn ehn but I am fine"

"I will be right back, let me get something from the pharmacy down the road"

"Don't buy drugs oo, I won't take them because I am not sick"

"Alright mommy, I won't"

Kenneth came back a few minutes later with a pregnancy test kit, he had earlier suspected that his wife was pregnant. He took her to the toilet and ask her to use it, when he saw that Amaka didn't know how to use it, he put her through, and alas, his suspicion was right as the test kit showed two red lines which indicate that Amaka was truly pregnant.

He screamed for joy and carried her in his arms, he explained that she was pregnant but they needed to visit the doctor to confirm how many months. After visiting the doctor the following day, Amaka was confirmed two months pregnant. The couple couldn't contain their joy, they were grateful to God for how far He had brought them.

Amaka looked back and then said only a sinner is a CHILD OF A NOBODY. Anyone who has a relationship with God has God as his or her Father and other believers as his or her family members.

THE END.

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook.