Before You Say 'I Do'

Started by Ebunoluwa, Thursday, 20 April 2023, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marriage proposal.jpg

Before saying "I do" in a Christian relationship is something you have to take your time and allow God to be the one leading you since he is the originator of the institution called Marriage. Having been privileged to be coached and schooled in this aspect, I deem it fit to highlight some things to consider in a Man as a lady when you received a Marriage proposal. Shall we look at them together?

His relationship with God:
A man who truly loves God and prioritizes his relationship with Him is more likely to treat you with love, kindness, and respect. However, there are sons and there are sons. A man whose will is not subjected to the will of the father will not treat you well. Some kingdom sons are rebellious to their heavenly father. Now tell me if he won't treat you the same. This is where you take your time and allow God to reveal the kind of son he is. Trust me, he will.

His character:
Of what use is a Charismatic man without Character? A guy can be tongue-talking yet, his character stings. A man who exhibits virtues like honesty, integrity, and self-control should be considered and you would know this with the way he treats his family especially his sisters and Mom. A rude man won't turn humble on your wedding night remember? These traits are crucial for a healthy and stable marriage.

His Accountability Company:
A man who does not have someone he is accountable to or listens to isn't fit for marriage. If he doesn't have a higher authority who can call him to order whenever he misbehaves, then, you need to rethink the proposal.  Kindly check for this and be sure he is truly accountable and not just sitting on the fence

His compatibility with your values and beliefs:
Having the same belief systems will reduce unnecessary arguments and conflicts. Be sure that you share similar values and beliefs on important issues such as faith, family, and finances.

His willingness to commit:
A man who is ready for marriage will be willing to make a commitment to you and prioritize your relationship. A man who is not ready to settle down with you will never take you seriously, nor will he see you in his future.

Communication is Key
It is in the communication you discuss your goals, visions, and plans. Courtship is for talking and not for touching. When your partner does not enjoy talking with you or spending time with you, it is time to think again about a such relationship. It is through communication you bond together and get to know each other.

Remember, marriage is a lifetime commitment, and it's essential to choose a partner who is compatible with you on all levels. Take your time, pray, and seek wise counsel before saying "I do."

Nowadays, I feel people take this kind of decision  by impulse and forget that it's not just now, there's a "later".

God bless you OP.