When The Pain Is Unbearable

Started by Aanuoluwapo, Saturday, 09 September 2023, 01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMG20230813150533.jpg

When the Pain is unbearable...

Have you ever found yourself in an unbearable pain? It could be from the loss of someone dear to your heart, the loss of a relationship, or traumatic experiences that are beyond human reasoning or understanding.

This period, our resilience and coping mechanisms are put into the test. Your faith is put under pressure. You can even feel like giving up, but actually giving up is never the first approach whenever you are going through this period. Rather, try to look for things you can do to navigate it and be healed

Knowing fully well that you are in pain is the first step to your healing. Acknowledge that you are in pain. Never put your wound under the bushel. Suppressing your pain due to the society script about you or your gender is never the antidote. Name your pain, ''Oh, I was dumped by the one I truly love". "My friend stamped me at the back", " I was Implicated at my place of work". Tell yourself over and over what exactly happened to you. It is over to cry, groan or shed tears. You don't have to say you are fine when deep down you are not.

Another step that I know of that most people usually find difficult to do is seeking for support. This can actually be because it is the same human being who hurt them. Actually, that is true but not all men are evil. We still live among men like angels who you can lean on. Who you can cry to without being ashamed. That friend of yours who can go all out for you. That sibling who is your support system at any time. Seek for comfort, the affection and care will definitely take your pain away gradually.

Another thing is you deliberately taking care of yourself. This, I mean taking care of yourself physically, mentally and emotionally. Go out and pamper yourself. Treat yourself to a good meal, go for that vacation you have always wanted. This will help in relieving you of your burden gradually.

See you in my next write up, as I continue on you navigating through your hurting period 

Do you have any other ways to get healed from hurt?
Do let me know in the comment session