My Father's Wife

Started by StoryTeller, Saturday, 15 April 2023, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

158269115_892953851560793_8559763798920252888_n.jpg

Episode 1

Everything was going on fine till mother kicked the bucket leaving her beautiful three kids and lovely husband in this troubled world. She was a sweet and charming woman till her death.

My siblings had great expectations that mother would nurse all our children but sadly, Death knocked her off. She lost the battle to great cancer after fighting it for almost four years.

Mother was buried at the local cemetery where the realization of her demise hit us hard. After the burial, Dad called us and charged us to be brave since the one who had always been our backbone had gone to the great beyond.

Things began to return to normal, we began to adapt to a life without mothebeenugh it wasn't easy when Dad suddenly informed us that he was bringing in a new wife.

My Siblings and I were shocked d. Being the first Son and child of my family, I tried to convince Dad against getting a new wife because I knew my siblings and I would be greatly affected but he would have none of it. He claimed that he needs to always experience the warmth of a woman. After much persuasion from my end, I lost the battle to Dad as he was bent on getting a new wife.

Since my younger and sisters could not dissuade him from getting a new wife, we had to start praying that the new wife of his would treat us well.

We included fasting in our prayers as we didn't want to have a stepmother who was like Gbenga's. Gbenga happened to be my classmate and neighbor into lost his mother to childbirth.

His father had married another woman three years later, a woman who was dictatorial and controlling. She made their father withdraw Gbenga and his sister from our school to a government school while her daughter from her previous marriage was enrolled in our school.

She tortured Gbenga and Yetunde physically and emotionally that they had to steal from their father and run away to their grandmother's when they couldn't bear the torture again.

I remember how she would starve them and my mom would be the one to feed them.

To be continued...

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook.

Episode 2

Dad kept to his words and brought in a new wife who goes by the name Susan. We were indifferent to her arrival as my siblings and I tried to avoid everything that has to do with her. We wake up very early to do the house chores and leave for school before she gets out of bed. We also get back from school late due to extra classes and by that, we had just little contact with her.

Things were going well for some months not until Dad announced that we won't be participating in the extra classes again because we needed to help out with the house chores. I tried to explain to him that we do help out in the house chores while participating in the extra classes but Dad would have none of it.

As usual, Dad had his way and we stopped participating in the extra classes. By this time, I was in my final year in secondary school so I was already a young man with emotions and a sex drive.

Getting home on time made us see more of Susan, something I never wanted. Before Mother's death, she taught my siblings and I the importance of being sexually pure and she made us promise her that we won't defile ourselves sexually.

Susan suddenly became nice to us and we always give us things even when we don't ask. My sisters were getting thrilled with her act of kindness but I warned them not to get carried away till we know the kind of person she was. They agreed and we kept our fingers on deck.

My Dad had a field trip leaving us with his new wife. We came back from school that day worn out and luckily for us, our stepmother was kind enough to have prepared a sumptuous meal for us.

She gave us a warm welcome and advised us to shower before coming to have our meal. We did as she advised and in no time, we were at the dining eating like young lions that hadn't been fed for days.

After our meal, she asked me to come into the room she shared with my Dad to come to help her fix the bulb. Innocently, I went into the room to fix the bulb only to meet my so-called stepmother wearing revealing underwear.

I apologized for coming into the room when she was dressing and made to leave but she reached out to me and begged that I help massage her feet.

Though I was naive when it comes to sex and women I knew what she was trying to do because some of my classmates have taken some ladies to bed and they do talk about when a lady wants sex from a man.

I politely turned her down suggesting I call Khole, my immediate younger sister to come to massage her back but she bluntly refused.

Before I could say jack, she stripped herself naked before me and pleaded that I take her to bed with the claim that my Dad couldn't satisfy her.

Seeing a naked woman for the first time in my life awoke some kind of funny feelings in me. She walked closer to me and started touching me in a seducing manner.

Her touch started taking me to another world but all of a sudden, my late mother's words echoed in my ear. I pushed her away and ran out to the room.

To be continued...

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook.

Episode 3

My Dad returned from his trip the following day and summoned me to the sitting room questioning why i had to barge into the Master's bedroom and had to see his wife's nakedness. Being shocked was an understatement, I opened my mouth to defend myself but no words came out of it.

Surprisingly, my stepmother started shedding crocodile tears with the claim that she no longer knows how to look at me because I had seen her nakedness. Enraged, my father took me to my room, stripped me naked, and beat me till I sustained serious injuries on my body.

After he left my room, my sisters came to me crying and asking why I had to go look at my stepmother's nakedness.

Khole: Gary? Why did you do it??

Gary: And who told you I did it?

Khole: but she was crying

Gary: you can choose to believe whoever you want, can you please leave me to tend to my bruises?

Kayla: I believe you, big bro, I know what you can do

Gary: thank you kiddo

Khole: Gary, it's not as if I didn't believe you but I am just confused.

Seeing my sister's state of confusion, I narrated what transpired between my stepmother and I and they couldn't help but scream in surprise. I further told them to be very careful with her and not receive any of her gifts. They promised to adhere to my instruction then, tend to my injuries before leaving my room. After they left, I burst into tears while holding on to my mother's frame.

A week later, while undressing in my room, my stepmother came to me begging that I sleep with her. She tried to touch me but when I threatened to invite my sister to my room to see what she was doing, she became angry, threatened to make life miserable for me then left for her room.

After that encounter with my stepmother, she started maltreating my sisters and I. She would sometimes lock the kitchen, give us difficult house chores just to make us go late to school, say evil things about us to our Dad so that we won't be given our daily allowance. She came to me one day and said the only thing that can bring an end to her tormenting us was for me to satisfy her, something I promised never to do.

The maltreatment became so tough that my little sister Kayla became an ulcer patient due to us not being well fed. When I couldn't take the suffering again, I had to steal the contact of my maternal aunt from Dad's cell phone and also steal his money which I used in recharging the line of a friend.

My mother's younger sister was heartbroken to hear what we were going through and in an attempt to help us, she spoke to my Dad to send us to her place for a holiday. After the holiday, I was the only one that went back home, something my aunt was against but I promised her that I would be fine. All I wanted was just my sisters to be in safe hands moreover, I would be going to the tertiary institution soon so the days I was to spend in my Dad's house were numbered.

When Dad got to know that my sisters won't be returning to his house again, he was enraged. He called a family meeting to report my aunt but when my aunt presented the test result that shows that my sister was an ulcer patient due to lack of good food, he lost the case as the elders of my mother's family told my aunt to be in the custody of my sisters.

To be continued...

Episode 4

By the time my siblings began to live with my Aunt, I was preparing for WAEC, JAMB, and NECO. My reason for writing the three examinations at once was because I didn't want to spend a year at home before going to school. Spending a year at home means I would be left alone with my stepmother in the house as my father was always traveling.

My father had to re-register me for extra classes after I threatened to report him to my Aunt and that made me see less of his wife. Whenever I was certain that Dad would be away for weeks, I would squat with one of my classmates whose wealthy parents were hardly at home.

Done with the three external examinations I registered for, I traveled to my Aunt's place to spend my holiday. My sisters were both happy to see me, we all assisted my Aunt in her business since that was where she got the money to feed us.

God showed me mercy and I made all my papers, I got 245 in JAMB and then proceeded to write my Post-Utme. I got above the cut-off mark which earned me admitsion into the University of Jos to study Economics alongside my friend who does accommodate me in his house.

Jude, my friend also got admission into the University of Jos to study Petrochemical Engineering. We were joyful as were prepared for school.

We both decided to rent an apartment off-campus. School was nice but challenging at some point but our desire to make our family proud made us keep working hard.

Jude became born again during our second year in school and became a churchy dude. He tried converting me but I just wasn't interested in his kind of deep Christianity. I followed him to his campus church sometimes but that was just for him to let me be.

I was rounding up my university education when I fell in love with Melinda. She was a tall, beautiful and dark lady with the necessary curves. Jude and I had gone to visit one of those sisters in his church who was delivered of a baby boy when I met Melinda.

Immediately I set my eyes on her, my heart leaped for joy and I knew I had found my missing rib. Jude tried talking me out of approaching her with the claim that I needed to seek God's face but I was too smitten to start praying.

I simply went to her and asked if we could be friends, something she didn't say no to. I got her digit that day and after days of constant communication, I asked her to be my woman.

Melinda accepted to by mine and from that moment, I made up my mind to make her my wife after my service. Jude on the other hand got hooked with a fair sister in his church whom he also planned to wed after his school. Even though Melinda tried to be nice to Jude, he never approves of her for me with the claim that she wasn't who she claims to be.

At a point, we began to have heated arguments just because of Melinda. For the sake of our long-time friend, he apologized to me and decided to stay out of my relationship.

To be continued...

Episode 5

Jude and I graduated from school and went for service. Done with service, Jude started working in his Dad's petrochemical company. Jude's Dad who had taken me as his son use his connection to fix me up in an insurance company where I work as an editor.

Life is sweet when there is money, that was my case when I started working. Since I was earning big, I was able to provide for my sisters and Aunt who had been there for through thick and thin. I also tried my best to care for my Dad in the little way I could.

A year after I started working, I took Melinda to the altar. It was a memorable day of my life. Seeing her walk down the aisle in her beautiful wedding gown which clung to her perfect figure gave me an unexplainable joy, she flashed me a beautiful smile which almost threw me off balance and when we were exchanging our vows, I was lost in staring at her cute oval-shaped face. It was like I was seeing Melinda for the first time and ohh! I was proud she was in the process of becoming mine.

After the church wedding and reception, we were driven to the hotel I had booked few days before the wedding. All thanks to Jude, he made sure I never had a carnal knowledge of Melinda while we were dating. He would always preach to me that pre-marital sex is an abomination before God.

Our first night as couples was awesome though we were both novice. Though I wasn't sexually active before marriage, I had taken my time to read books and listen to Christian speakers teach on sex and sexuality. Our honeymoon was something I just can't explain because it was fun-filled as we never wanted it to come to an end.

Marriage was sweet with the love of my life, she was loving, caring, understanding, and she is a great cook plus she knows how to pamper her man. I always look forward to coming home every day to spend time with my wife.

Six months after my wedding, Jude sent me his wedding IV. On the D-Day, my wife and I dressed in the same attire and went to rejoice with him. Way into the reception, Melinda told me she was feeling dizzy and wanted to go home, I was at a crossroad because I was supposed to be there for my friend.

While I was still lingering, she decided to go use the ladies. Immediately she stood up, she fell to the ground. Not wanting to disrupt the reception, I quickly carried her out of the hall. People came around to revive her by pouring water on her but she didn't come alive.

When I saw that the water method couldn't revive her, I carried her into the car and drove to the nearby hospital. She was admitted and after series of test was carried out on her, she was confirmed two months pregnant. I was overjoyed knowing that I would be a father in a few months. Melinda became conscious after receiving treatment and was discharged after being treated.

The pregnancy period wasn't funny as I saw another version of my life, there were days she would wake up in the middle of the night and start crying and when I ask what the matter was, she would say she just felt like crying. Other times, she would refuse to eat during the day only to start requesting for meals like pounded yam, jollof rice, and the likes at midnight. At a time, I sat on the floor and started crying when the work became too much for me, do you know what she did? She sat beside me on the floor and joined me in crying.

Finally, the pregnancy matured and she was delivered a baby boy. Ohh! He brought so much joy to my wife and I.

Melinda's mother was supposed to come and help us nurse the baby since mine was dead but she couldn't because she was with Melinda's elder brother whose wife deliver two weeks before Melinda. My Aunt was also nursing her first grandchild so she also couldn't help us, the only option we were left with was my stepmother.

Melinda saw no harm in her coming to help us nurse the baby but I knew it was dangerous. I suggested we employ the service of a nanny but Melinda would have none of it. At a point, it became something we argue about almost every day, and in an attempt to please her, I invited my stepmother. An action I wished I never did.

To be continued...

Episode 6

Just as planned, my stepmother came to nurse our little son but before her arrival, I had narrated the incident that once transpired between my stepmother and I to my wife and then pleaded with her to be very careful in dealing with my stepmother.

Melinda promised to be careful and watchful, she further told me to worry less as my stepmother had just a month to spend with us. My stepmother came to our house and did help nurse our son. Though she had no child for my father, she had children from her previous marriage who were both in the university.

On the eighth day, we named our son Jasper. Things were going well between my stepmother, my wife, and I that I decided to let go of the past and become a little relaxed in her presence so was my wife. Despite the warnings I gave Melinda, she gradually began to get closer to my stepmother that who brought her name up at every discussion.

The one month my stepmother was meant to spend with us came to an end. I gave her some money and ensured my wife bought her foodstuffs before she left. Two weeks after she left, I came home from work one evening and met my stepmother in the kitchen cooking.

Being shocked was an understatement. I greeted her coldly and with rage, I went into the room to meet my wife.

Melinda: Welcome home baby boo

Me: keep your greeting to yourself, what is that woman doing in my house again?

Melinda: calm down dear, I tried calling you to inform you that she was back but your line didn't go through

Me: wait! What is she back to do??

Melinda: calm down na, well, your dad is out of town and she can't stay at home alone

Me: where has she been staying all this while that my Dad hasn't been around?

Melinda: calm down and stop shouting like a wounded lion

Me: what?? Melinda, do you just call me a wounded lion?

Melinda: whatever

With that, Melinda works out of the room ignoring my call. That was the beginning of the problem between Melinda and I, she became disrespectful, disobedient, proud, and doesn't perform her wifely duties.

One month, two months, three months have gone, my stepmother refuses to leave. If I try to ask when she was leaving, Melinda would counter or shut me up so there was practically nothing I could do to make her leave the house.

I forgot an important file at home one day and had to quickly go home to get it. On getting home, I was surprised to meet my stepmother with my son alone at home. I asked after Melinda and I was told that she went for a job interview. I went numb where I stood as she didn't Inform me about going for any job interview plus we had an agreement that she would start working when Jasper clock one.

I thanked my stepmother and went into the room to get the file. I got into the room, sat on the bed, and buried my head in my hands asking myself what went wrong with my marriage. Suddenly, I felt a touch on my arm, I looked up and saw my stepmother in my matrimonial room.

Me: Jesus! What do you want?

Stepmom: You! You see, you can't run away from me. Even if you are married, I won't back down till I know what it feels like having you inside of me

Me: God forbid! That is over my body

Melinda: (burst into laughter) watch me

Me: get out of my room, you evil woman

Melinda: I am going nowhere, come here and let's do the needful before your wife comes back and if you refuse, I will scream that you tried to rape me and you know what that means?

Me: what kind of a woman are you??

We had Melinda's voice and before I knew what was happening, she pushed me to herself and we ended on the bed then she started screaming rape. Melinda walked into our bedroom and met us in such comprising position.

To be continued...

Episode 7

Melinda: (shocked) Jesus!!! What is happening here?

Stepmom: (shedding crocodile tears) Melinda dear, can you see what I told you? He tried to take advantage of me just as he tried to do when he was much younger. Thank God you came back on time, if not it would have been a different story

Melinda: Gary, how could you? So, it is true that you were always trying to take advantage of her when you were much younger. Hmmm, no wonder you never wanted her here

Me: Melinda....i.....

Melinda: shut up you evil being, what is left for you to say. I regret ever getting married to you.

I was speechless where I sat, Melinda walked to my stepmother and helped her out of the room while apologizing for leaving the house. I buried my head in my palm weeping profusely. I was still in that position when I heard the door open.

I looked up only to see Melinda walked into the room with two police officers who walked to me and dragged me out of the room at Melinda's order

Me: (still weeping) Melinda, why are you doing this? I thought you said you love me, is this how you treat a man you love?

Melinda: you are a shameless man who shouldn't be kept amid people because your being free is dangerous to the sanity of women

Me: Once upon a time, Melinda claimed I was her all in all. One thing I want from you is to please take good care of my son and if you can't, please take him to my Aunt.

Melinda's P.O.V

Cindy: But Mel, don't you think you went too far by getting your husband arrested? As in you didn't even see him sleeping with her. Even if you met them in a compromising situation, you still have to believe your husband

Melinda: cut the crap Cindy, you are my friend and I expect you to be on my side. I can't lie to you, I saw him trying to take advantage of the poor woman

Cindy: it's not about not being on your side, it's about you protecting your marriage. Do you think a man you lock up will still want to stay married to you?

Melinda: why won't he? I have given him a son remember?

Cindy: Melinda, please stop being childish. We are in Africa for crying out loud, if you still want your marriage better go and release your husband

Melinda: I can't do that, my father-in-law has been informed and be promised to be back any moment soon. He is ready to take the matter up

Cindy: Melinda, i hope you would be able to bear the consequences of your actions

Melinda: there would be no consequences, he just needs to be there for days to be taught a lesson or two.

Gary's P.O.V

Upon reaching the station, I was detained. Since I was with my cell phone, l dialed Jude's contact informing him of the situation at hand. I had barely finished speaking with Jude when my Dad walks into the station in rage.

He rushed to me and started throwing blows at me, the policemen came to him and told him to let me be. Before leaving, he ordered the police to put me in the cell and torture me till I confess to the crime of trying to molest his wife.

To be continued...

Episode 8

Jude: You mean your wife got you arrested?
Me: hmmm, that is how I saw it too
Jude: if she doesn't believe you, how will others do?
Me: let's leave her matter aside, I need you to help me get out of here
Jude: I tried getting your bail but the police said your Dad wants to take the case up
Me: (tears drop from my eyes) I am innocent Jude, I don't understand why all this is happening to me. Why would I suffer for the crime I didn't commit and to think those close to me are the ones behind my predicament
Jude: don't you think there is more to this your stepmother wanting to sleep with you? Like, I feel there is a secret behind all these. What if a member of your family wronged her and she is on a revenge mission?
Me: I don't even know what to think anymore. Even if she was wronged, is she meant to destroy the innocent ones?
Jude: hmmm, this is just so complicated. I am sorry to say this but Melinda disappoints me a great deal
Me: I am more disappointed
Jude: let me go talk to my Dad and see if he could use his connection to get you out of here
Me: please do, thank you so much, bro. I appreciate this
Jude's father tried getting me out of the police cell but my Dad frustrated his effort. My Dad made sure I was beaten and tortured.  I practically suffered for a crime I knew nothing about.
Some weeks later, my case was taken to court. Surprisingly, my stepmother and wife testified against me which earned me ten years imprisonment with hard labor. My aunt and siblings were so devastated, i had to encourage them to stay strong and help look after my son.
Two months into my jail term, Melinda visited to inform me that she has taken my son to be my Aunt and has found a new lover. She returned my ring and wished me well. I collected the ring and wish her well then went into my room in the prison to cry.
I met a man in the prison who was given life imprisonment for killing a man. He loved his wife so much and did everything possible to make her happy. Unknowingly, his darling wife was cheating on him with his best friend. He forgot his wallet at home one day then came back to take it only to see his best friend on his wife on their matrimonial bed. Enraged, he went to the kitchen to take a knife which he used to stab his best friend to death.
John claimed he met Christ in the prison and preached to me but I wasn't ready to yield, with much persuasion from his side, I finally surrendered my life to Jesus.
After knowing Christ, John taught me how to communicate with God. Most times after praying, I do see a bitter woman in the dream swearing to destroy my family. I narrated the dream to John and he urged me to keep praying and ask God for the interpretation of the dream.
When my baby clocked two years, he was brought to visit me in the prison. The moment I set my eyes on him, tears started falling from my eyes as in, he was my carbon copy.
I sat him on my lap and started reflecting on the goals I set while in the university. I never thought I won't be the one to train my son, I never thought I would have a broken home, I never thought I would be behind bars. Before my aunt and sisters left with my son, my immediate younger sister showed me her engagement ring. I advised her to pray very well so that she won't make the mistake I made.

To be continued...

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook.

Episode 9

Five years passed and I was still hoping for a miracle. Jasper my son was already growing into a handsome young sharing a strong resemblance with his father, he was enrolled in a nursery school and was doing well. All through that period of five years, I didn't see any sign of Melinda. Though it was obvious she had gone away with another man, her love was still in my heart and it was hard for me to let go of all the feelings I have for her.

When it was obvious that I would be completing a ten years jail term for an offense I never committed, John suggested that we start praying for a miracle that would work out our release. Though I didn't believe in his suggestion, I encouraged myself and prayed the prayer.

Few months into my sixth year in the prison, a new president came into power and released all the prisoners. It was like a dream to me that I had to pinch myself severally before I believed it was real. We were admonished by the prison wardens to be careful and be of good behavior so that we won't have to be brought back to the prison. Finally, I was able to breathe the air of freedom after wasting almost six years of my life in prison.

While walking out of the prison with John, I resolved to pick up the pieces of my life, make money and make life sweet for my son. As for the issue of women, I was not able to even glance at them as I had lost faith in women and relationships.

John's eldest son who had grown into a handsome young man was the one who came to pick us up. He drove us to his home and took good care of us, I was able to call my Aunt and Jude to inform them of my release through. My Aunt screamed in joy while my friend welcomed me back to society. He invited me over to his house the following day and after much discussion, he promised to help me get a job.

Seeing how Jude keeps glowing every day, I couldn't help but admire his marriage and wished I had also prayed before getting entangled with Melinda. Well, I saw it as a cross I had to bear. Jude kept on emphasizing the need for me to seek God's face as regards the issue of my stepmother to know the root cause of the problem and to avert any impending danger.

I nodded my head and promised to do something about it. He gave me some money which I use to board a bus to where my Aunt stays. Kayla was married and was already living with her husband so I met my Aunt, Khole, and Jasper. They all screamed when they saw me. My Aunt encouraged me not to give up on life as God still has plans for me.

Jude kept to his promise and got me a job but the pay wasn't as high as the previous, still, I was grateful to God that I was able to work and make money. After working for six months, I got an apartment that I moved into with Jasper who was almost six years at that time. I doted on my son and ensured he lacked nothing but I didn't pamper him.

Two years after working as a secretary in a law firm, I was promoted to the position of a personal assistant, and my salary was increased. Things were going on well for me but the only issue I had was Jasper's question about his mother which I usually dodge stylishly.

I was working on some files in the office one day when my Aunt called to give me disheartening news.

To be continued...

Episode 10

My Aunt's news concerning my Dad was disturbing so I had to take permission from my boss to go and see her as soon as I ended her call.

Me: Your call was alarming ma, what did you say happened again?

Aunt: I went to Okene mega market two days ago and while I was buying goods for my shop, somebody tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to look at who touched me, only to see Mr Emeka, your neighbour back at your parent's house

Me: ohhh, I remember him

Aunt: He accused us of abandoning your father for that woman to torture, he said your father has been bedridden for almost a year and his wife refuse to take him to the hospital or take care of him. He said your father's health has deteriorated to the point that he now smells

Me: Jesus!!! That's so bad, what are we going to do now ma?

Aunt: that's why I called to give you the information

Me: Although he offended me greatly, he is still my father and I can't let him die. I will go there by weekend and take him out of that house then take him to the hospital for proper treatment

Aunt: ohhh, that's so sweet of you my son. I actually thought you would refuse to help after all he has done to you

Me: that was my thought before meeting Christ but that thought was changed the moment I had an encounter with God. Ma, you need to encounter Christ too

Aunt: Biko, forget that jare.

The following Saturday, I drove to my father's home to carry my father. I actually thought taking him out of the house would be easy but it wasn't. Immediately my stepmother set her eyes on me, she was surprised that I was out of jail. She tried to hinder me from taking my father away. In fact, she slapped me thinking that would deter me but I was bent on going away with my father.

When she saw that all her effort couldn't stop me from taking him, she looked me in the eye and said I would experience her wrath very soon. I told her she was bluffing before driving away with my father.

We got my father admitted in the hospital but the doctors saw nothing wrong with him, they kept on treating him but there was no improvement. Since there was no improvement, the doctor advised we go traditional. Upon hearing that, we had no choice but to get him discharged and take him home.

Few days after we got him discharged, I fell while taking my bath and become unconscious. I was rushed to the hospital by my maid and a neighbor but after spending some weeks in the hospital, my Aunt was advised to take me somewhere else as there was nothing wrong with me.

To be continued...

Episode 11

My Aunt was the one attending to my sick father and I. Despite the treatment that we were being given, there was no improvement. One of my Aunt's neighbours took pity on her and advised that she bring my dad and I to a on-going 3-days crusade.

With the help of my Aunt's neighbor and her husband, my dad and I were taken to the crusade and during the ministration, I felt something left my body then I became whole but my Dad remained the same. I stood up from where I was laid and screamed Hallelujah attracting the minister.

He came down to me and was curious to know why I screamed. My Aunt wasted no time in explaining our ordeal to the minister, he prayed for my Dad and told us to come back on Sunday for a one-on-one interview with him. There was so much joy in our house that night even my little son couldn't stop screaming for joy. My Dad on his part wore a sad face and couldn't stop apologising to every one of us.

There is a secret which must be revealed in order for your family to experience total freedom from the wicked and especially the liberation of your son's marriage from the strong hold of the enemy. That was the Minister speaking to my Dad, how he got to know that my marriage was having issues was something I didn't understand.

We had all prepared and went to the church the following Sunday and after a wonderful service, My Dad, My Aunt and I were invited into a conference room where we had a meeting with the guest minister.

Dad: Sir, I don't know about any secret. If I say I understand what you are talking about, i would be lying

Minister: Are you very sure about that?

Dad: very sure sir

Minister: Alright, have this anionted oil. Go to your house and sprinkle it round the surrounding then wait and see what would happen.

We appreciated the minister and he prayed for us before we left for home. A week later, the three of us went to my Dad's house and did as we were instructed. We then waited for an hour or two to see what would happen.

After we had waited and waited for almost two hours and it looked like nothing would happen, my step mother suddenly walked into the house. Immediately she entered into the compound and mistakenly stepped on the anionted oil that was sprinkled on the floor, she let out a hysterical laughter.

Stepmom: (laughing hysterically while talking) ohhh Jacob, so you have been loosed, who loosed you? Even if you were loosed from the chains I used in binding you, you will still remain my captive

Dad: God forbid, I refuse to be a captive to anyone

Stepmom: you and your family became my captives the moment your wicked wife flogged my first son to death

Dad: excuse me?? Who are you and how did my wife flog your first son to death??

Stepmom: ohhh, he doesn't recognize me. Well, that was part of the plan

Me: what is happening here Dad?

Dad: I don't understand her, son

Stepmom: I am Florence, your first love and the mother of your first son

Me: what?? Is that right Dad??

Dad(rub his face twice and it was as if something fell from his face): what?? How did I make you my wife??

To be continued...

Episode 13

Gradually, things went back to normal. I went to speak to my boss and fortunately, they haven't gotten a replacement. He asked me to resume back to work and promised him I would put my best to the work.

We all continued living our lives one day at a time hoping for God's perfection. My Dad invited all his children to come celebrate Christmas with him. On my way there, my car broke down. I left Jasper in the car and went to check what was wrong with it.

While searching for what made the car to stop suddenly, Jasper informed me that he needed some oranges. I wanted to scream at him for disturbing me but I changed my mind. I asked where the orange seller was and he got down from the car to take me there.

We crossed to the other side of the road to get the oranges only to meet the greatest shock of my life. Melinda was the orange seller, she was nothing compared to the lady I fell in love with, she looked haggard.

Jasper: good afternoon ma, can I get some oranges?

Melinda: (wanted to reply Jasper but couldn't do so immediately her eyes met with mine) Gary???

Gary: Melinda, what are you doing here?

Melinda: (tears drop from her face) it is a long story

Gary: Jasper, go wait for me in the car

Jasper: okay dad

Melinda: he look so handsome just like his father

Gary: thank you. So, what happened?

Melinda: (knelt down and was shedding tears) Gary, please forgive me. I know I don't merit your forgiveness but please just find a place in your heart to forgive me

Gary: forgive you for what? Forgive you for absconding with another man?

Melinda: no, I didn't go with another man. I was deceived, your father's wife deceived me that her younger brother loves me and I also got carried away

Gary: carried away? Will you tell me that he never had canal knowledge of you??

Melinda: Gary, please listen to me. When I took that vow on that altar to be your wife, I never had the plan to leave you or cheat on you. I just don't know what went wrong. Your stepmom's supposed younger brother was actually a smuggler, he does not smuggle drugs but human beings and your stepmother sold me to him for the sum of two million naira

Gary: hmmm! So, how did you get here?

Melinda: the first day I went to visit him, he drugged my drink and the next thing I saw was finding myself in the midst of women bound hands and legs with chain ready to be transported to Italy for prostitution. In the course of the journey, I fell sick and was left in the bush to die but fortunately for me, I was saved by an hunter whose family nurse me to health and gave me some money to go back to my people but I was ashamed to come back to you

Gary: hmmm! What a tale! So, what do you want me to do for you?

Melinda: I am not asking you to take me back because I have blew up my chances with you, I just want to be part of my son's life

Gary: stand up please

Melinda: no, I rather remain like this

Gary: I will leave if you don't stand up

Melinda: (stood up grudgingly) will you forgive me?

Gary: how have you been? How are you coping with life?

Melinda: (wiped away her tears) fine oooo, we have been pushing it

Gary: follow me to the car so that I will introduce you to your son, he has been dying to meet his mother

To be continued...

Episode 14

Jasper and Melinda became inseparable after I introduced them to each other. Jasper would plead with me to let him spend the weekend with his mom and whenever I refuse, he would refuse to talk to anyone.

His ninth birthday was approaching and when I asked what he wanted as a birthday gift, he replied that he wanted his mommy to start living with us. I tried to talk him out of that idea and make him request for something else but he was bent on having his mother live with us as his birthday gift. My Aunt also asked what he wanted from her as a birthday gift, he told her he wanted his mother. His desire to have his mother back in our home became a song which Jasper sang everyday and to everyone whoever care to listen.

My Dad and Aunt spoke to me about bringing wife back into my life so that Jasper can experience the love of a mother. Seeing how everyone kept asking me to forgive Melinda and bring her back left me with no choice but to bring her back.

Two days to Jasper's birthday, I drove to Melinda's shade, picked her up and drove to a boutique where I bought her new wears then drove to my house to meet an expectant Jasper.

Jasper couldn't contain his joy the moment he set his eyes on his mother. He jumped into her arms and appreciated me for bringing his mother back to him. I showed Melinda her room before going into my room to rest.

Melinda couldn't stop appreciating me for granting her a second chance, she would always promise to be better wife and mother to Jasper and I. I would always nod at her words and walk away. Indeed, she was trying her best to be the best version of herself but I was just taking my time so that I won't be hurt the second time.

Many a times, Melinda would want to pass the night in my room but I never allowed her, I never hesitate to refuse her sexual advance. At a point, she got fed up and told me she wanted to leave because it was obvious that I no longer love. I actually ignored her because I felt she was bluffing not until I got back home from work and saw the note she left on the dining asking me not to come for her again.

I asked Jasper who was working on his assignment about his mother and he asked me not to talk to him again since I no longer love his mother. I felt like hitting him but I refrained myself because he would sustain injuries if I did. I drove to Melinda's shade and met her weeping profusely, I squat behind her and drew her into my arms.

Me: I am sorry

Melinda: I am very sorry, I caused everything that happened. I should have believed you when you said your stepmother was evil

Me: it's okay, that's in the past now. I think we just need to learn to love and forgive each other

Melinda: yes, yes. I will do anything to ignite the fire of our love. Just give me another chance

Me: I never stopped loving you, I was just being careful

Melinda: thank you my crown

Me: come, let's go home to meet our son

That day, I decided to open my heart fully to Melinda. I allowed her into my room and we consummated our love that night. I finally felt like a man after eight years of being away from my wife.

I got Melinda a job and she did her best in managing both her home and career. In fact, I enjoyed Melinda after our reunion as she was carefu not to offend me. I was working on some files in the office six months after our reunion when Melinda walked majestically into my office.

I was surprised to see her because she didn't inform me about her coming. She sat on my desk and gave me an envelope, I opened it and was short of words when I saw that it was a pregnancy result. She had earlier informed me that she missed her period and would like to visit the doctor. The test result showed she was two months pregnant.

After eleven months, she was delivered of two baby girls. The birth of our daughters brought so much joy to our home and we also ensured that Christ was in the center of our home. Today, there is so much joy, love and peace in my home all thanks to God's mercy and presence.

THE END