Some Uncommon Facts in the World

Started by Gee, Wednesday, 12 April 2023, 06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There are many interesting and uncommon facts in the world today that can surprise and fascinate people. Here are just a few examples:

1) The longest place name in the world is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu, which is a hill in New Zealand.

longest name.jpg

Gee

2) The shortest war in history was between the countries of Zanzibar and Britain in 1896, which lasted just 38 to 45 minutes.

Anglo-Zanzibar-War_0.jpg

Gee

3) The world's largest living organism is a fungus in Oregon, USA, which covers an area of 2,200 acres.
HW6VDGKSPJFXXCUB4AP3BTOOHA.jpg

4) The world's oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9,000 years old and was discovered in Sweden.
chewinggum210807.jpg

Gee

5) The highest waterfall in the world is Angel Falls in Venezuela, which drops 3,212 feet.

angel-falls-lg.jpg

6) The coldest temperature ever recorded on Earth was -128.6 degrees Fahrenheit in Antarctica in 1983.

download.jpg 

Gee

7) The tallest mountain in the solar system is Olympus Mons on Mars, which is three times taller than Mount Everest.

maxresdefault.jpg

8.  The only continent without any active volcanoes is Australia.

download (1).jpg

Gee

9) The world's largest snowflake on record was 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick, observed in Montana in 1887.

B9jnft3IYAA6Zqh.jpg

10) The most expensive coffee in the world is made from beans that have been eaten and excreted by a civet cat in Indonesia.

How+the+most+expensive+coffee+is+made_79ea2b_6590829.jpg

Gee

11) The Great Wall of China is the longest wall in the world, stretching over 13,000 miles.

robert-nyman-3wwiqmOm3gQ-unsplash.jpg

12) The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France was originally built as a temporary structure for the 1889 World's Fair, but it was so popular that it became a permanent landmark.

Tour-Eiffel.jpg

Gee

13) The Grand Canyon in Arizona, USA is over 277 miles long and over a mile deep.

Dawn_on_the_S_rim_of_the_Grand_Canyon_(8645178272).jpg

14) The Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia is the largest living structure in the world, stretching over 1,400 miles.

Commonwealth of Australia (Reef Authority) Johnny Gaskell-2A (1 of 1).jpg

Gee

15) The Statue of Liberty in New York City, USA was a gift from France to commemorate the centennial of American independence.

Viano-Sentinel-11.jpg

16)  Mount Everest, located in the Himalayas, is the highest mountain in the world at over 29,000 feet.

images.jpg

Gee

17) The Amazon rainforest in South America is the largest rainforest in the world, covering over 2.7 million square miles.
images (1).jpg

18) The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt are the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, built over 4,500 years ago.

AN-INSIDERS-GUIDE-TO-EGYPTS-PYRAMIDS-OF-GIZA.jpeg

Gee

19) The Colosseum in Rome, Italy is an ancient amphitheater that could hold up to 50,000 spectators and was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles.
colosseum-from-the-top.jpg

These are just a few common facts about some of the world's most famous landmarks and natural wonders.

That thing they call chewing gum is looking like tinko in my eyes😆😅😂

Please someone should teach me how to pronounce that longest name. I want to learn new things. Thanks in advance

Someone is actually eating the excreta of a cat on top of that it is even expensive.

Gee

Quote from: Ayotunde Esther on Saturday, 15 April 2023, 09:41 PMThat thing they call chewing gum is looking like tinko in my eyes😆😅😂

lol  ;D
E reach make e look like that o.

Infact, that thing should now be a piece of hard rock.

Gee

Quote from: Ayotunde Esther on Saturday, 15 April 2023, 09:42 PMPlease someone should teach me how to pronounce that longest name. I want to learn new things. Thanks in advance
I will learn it when I go to Newzealand, just wait for me. :D

Quote from: Ayotunde Esther on Saturday, 15 April 2023, 09:41 PMThat thing they call chewing gum is looking like tinko in my eyes😆😅😂

Atleast tinko can still later become soft, this one ehn, otilo o. Hard forever

Quote from: Ayotunde Esther on Saturday, 15 April 2023, 09:44 PMSomeone is actually eating the excreta of a cat on top of that it is even expensive.
Lol  ;D

That's a confirmation that "this life no balance"