Free Yourself: How to Let Go Of Baggage from Past Relationships

Started by Ebunoluwa, Tuesday, 11 April 2023, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emotional baggage.jpeg

It is important to know that taking your emotional bags and baggage from your past relationships has no benefit whatsoever, it will rather affect your next relationships. Who knows? the next one may be the comforting one and will make you happy.
The inability to let go can create trust issues in you, fear of being committed to good people around you, or even from opening up to new experiences in which you may find yourself.
Am sure someone is asking the question, How do I then let go of all these pains?

Well, I can tell you I have been there before and I know what it means to let go and heal up
Let's look at these measures that I was able to take and it helped my healing to be faster:

RELEASE THE CHAINS
To begin the process of letting go, you must acknowledge and accept your emotions. In other words, be true to yourself. You have to tell yourself you are hurt. Talk to God that you are hurt, and allow him to comfort you. Trust me, he is the one who can heal you completely.

It's okay to feel hurt, angry, or sad about a past relationship. However, dwelling on these emotions and holding onto grudges will only hinder your healing process. When you refuse to heal up, you will only bleed on those who didn't hurt you.
Take time to reflect on the lessons learned from past relationships and identify patterns in your behavior that may have contributed to the relationship's downfall.
This self-reflection will help you grow and become a better partner in future relationships.

FORGIVE
Forgiveness is also a crucial aspect of letting go of past relationship baggage. Forgiveness doesn't mean you have to forget what happened or condone the behavior that hurt you. It means acknowledging the hurt caused and making a conscious effort to let go of the negative emotions attached to it. You can ask God for help in this aspect, and let him know you can't do it with your head knowledge, especially when you are still hurt.

ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HEALING TAKES TIME
Finally, it's important to recognize that letting go of past relationship baggage is a process that takes time. There will be days when you feel like you've made no progress, but that's okay. You don't have to be hard on yourself
Keep pushing forward, and with time, the emotional burden will lessen, and you'll be able to move on to happier and healthier relationships.

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE ENERGIES
One of the measures that helped me in healing up faster is having friends who stood by me and made me feel loved. They made sure I was not alone. We went on trips and had great fun. Surrounding yourself with such a community of friends and family can also help in the healing process.
You can confide in them, seek their advice, and lean on their support as you navigate through your emotions.

Have you been in this kind of situation before? Will you love to share how you were able to stand on your feet? Then feel free to share your experience.

Hmmm, forgiveness.

"Just as they say, the prisoner that you release after forgiving someone is yourself."