Pastor Jide

Started by StoryTeller, Saturday, 03 June 2023, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

323555544_688453456291830_2480616658875187795_n.jpg

Prologue

Sister Nike who had made it a norm to always clean the Pastor's house was mopping the tiles and was as well eavesdropping on the conversation between the Pastor's wife and her friend who happens to be the Deacon's wife.

Pastor's wife: Have you heard???
Deaconess: Heard what???
Pastor's wife: Jide wants to marry Rose
Deaconess: which Jide are you talking about??
Pastor's wife: Pastor Jide, the youngest Pastor in our church, and Sister Rose in the children's department. Pastor Jide came to inform my husband some days ago.
Deaconess: wow! That's awesome. Sister Rose is a dedicated Christian
Pastor's wife: I am happy for her.

Sister Nike who was mopping the tiles became so angry, She has long had eyes on Pastor Jide and was ready to do anything just to become his wife.

Nike: (scoffs) Jide is and will be mine alone. If I don't have him, no one will.

A BATTLE LINE HAS JUST BEEN DRAWN...

Episode 1

Taiwo: Guy, this one you are grinning this morning, whatsup now?? What's the good news??

Jide: what good news??

Taiwo: come on, stop pretending. I know you too well to be pretending, so, tell me, what's the good news??

Jide: Okay...... I finally proposed to Sister Rose, the lady who has stolen a huge part of my heart.

Taiwo: wow! So, you are the lucky man, congratulations bro. You know, I once has eyes on her but God told me she isn't the one for me, Guess who is my wife??

Jide: seriously?? Who is she??

Taiwo: Sister Nike of the Ushering department

Jide: wow! Congratulations bro, she is a beautiful and humble lady just that she can be somehow sometimes

Taiwo: funny you, that's what makes her my kind of woman. Unlike you, I am yet to make a move

Jide: please do, I pray God open their eyes to see that we are the right ones for them

Taiwo: Amen ooooh.

Nike woke up in the middle of the night and began to pray in tongues, she was so loud that her next-door neighbor was finding it hard to sleep. Guess what her prayer point was? "Oh Lord, give me Pastor Jide".

Pastor Jide the current youngest pastor was a handsome, caring, and dedicated youth Pastor. He was posted to that area to serve Nigeria and after his youth service, God led him to remain in that environment and serve in that particular church. Though it was a difficult decision since he had lived in the city of port Harcourt all his life he know that no matter how God's instruction was, it was better to obey because the result of disobeying God wasn't funny.

He trusted God for the best and stayed back and God being faithful began to bless him. Despite being in a remote area, he got a job with great pay in a white man's company, and to crown it up, God gave him a very beautiful and dedicated woman with the promise of a glorious future.

To be continued...

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook.

Episode 2

Pastor Luis was very happy the day Rose accepted to be Jide's wife. Jide was a spiritual son whom he couldn't just trade for anything, he was dedicated, hardworking, and loves God so much.

Rose and Jide began their courtship and it was obvious the union would be a great one. As their courtship progressed, things were put in place for their wedding, and later, a wedding date was fixed. Rose was the happiest woman on earth. At first, she was skeptical about going into a relationship due to her mother's experience but God assured her that with Jide in her life, a sweet home is assured.

Things were falling into line for the couple until something happened. Rose woke up one morning with a nightmare, it was so frightening that she broke down in tears and began to cry. In that dream, someone did something bad to her which scattered God's plan for her life. That day, she fasted, prayed, and cancel the dream with the blood of Jesus.

Some weeks later, Jide woke up with an aura that something wanted to happen and a confirmation came to him from the Holy Spirit that something was about to happen to him but instead of taking time to pray, he said a brief prayer and hurried out of the house. He actually wanted to pray but he had an appointment with a particular youth who was struggling with masturbation and he was already late for the appointment.

Getting to the church premises, he met the boy and the counseling session began. An hour later, Jide suddenly began to feel hungry, and right there, Nike walked into the church with a cooler of jollof rice with assorted meat for Jide. Immediately Nike handed the cooler to Jide, he felt something was wrong but he didn't pay attention to it.

Nike: Ohh, good morning Pastor

Jide: Good Morning sister Nike, how are you doing this morning?

Nike: I am doing great sir

Jide: That's great.

Nike: Sir, I was doing some house chores when the Holy Spirit told me to prepare this food for you, He made me realize that you are doing his work but you are hungry

Jide: seriously?? Wow! God is awesome! Thank you very much, Sis, God bless everything that concerns you

Nike: Amen, thank you, sir
Nike left a few minutes later and even when Jide was having the nudging not to eat the food, he couldn't obey. He opened the cooler and the aroma was irresistible. He ate the food and after eating, he noticed something was wrong with him but he couldn't pinpoint it.

On getting home, he tried to pray but couldn't, when he discovered that he couldn't pray, he went to sleep. Surprisingly, he saw himself getting married to Sister Nike in the dream.
To be continued...

Episode 3

It was three weeks to their wedding and Rose was disturbed, Jide has not been calling her and was not even picking up her call. She wanted to inform him that their new apartment was ready with everything put in place.

Since Jide had a very busy schedule, he and Rose got an apartment but he had to plead with Rose to oversee the painting of the house and the making of the furniture they paid for. Everything was put in place but Rose needed Jide to come inspect them to see if all was perfect but Jide was nowhere to be found. Rose thought of visiting him in his house but she didn't want to go against the rules of the marriage committee which says intending couples should not visit each other in their house

When Rose couldn't take what was happening again, she ran to their pastor to tell him what was happening and a shocked Pastor Luis invited Jide to his office. After a long discussion, Jide opened up to the Pastor that going into a relationship with Rose was a big mistake.

Pastor Luis: Brother Jide, what is this I am hearing about you?? What's happening to you and Sister Rose??

Jide: Sir, I don't know what you have been hearing but one thing I know is that I made a mistake by going into a relationship with Sister Rose, I think I allowed my feelings to lead me, sir. Sister Nike is the one for me.

Pastor Luis: where is this coming from? Your wedding is in two weeks?? Moreover, I also got a confirmation about your union from God

Jide: I am very sorry sir, I can't go on with the wedding, I can't end up in the wrong marriage.

Pastor Luis: Getting married to sister Rose isn't and will never be a mistake, she is the right woman for you.

Jide: I am sorry sir. I have informed my people and I will be getting married to Sister Nike in six months.

Rose broke down in tears the moment the Pastor broke the news to her, the painful aspect was that Jide couldn't even come to her to end things with her. She wanted to look him in the face and ask him what she ever did wrong because she had been so loving, caring, and submissive. She had spent so much preparing for the wedding and now, everything is in chaos.

A week before the supposed wedding day, Rose took up the courage and went to visit Jide at his house to have a heart-to-heart talk with him. On getting there, she met the door open and as she entered the living room, she saw a lady's bra and panties on the floor, she rule out every negative thought and proceeded to Jide's room. As she opened the door, she saw Jide and Nike stark naked on the bed, her scream was what brought the two lovebirds to consciousness. While still standing and crying, Taiwo who was planning to propose to Nike walked in and found the woman who has stolen his heart and his best friend on the bed naked.

To be continued...

Episode 4

Taiwo: (heartbroken) what?? What's happening here??? Jide?? Nike???

Rose: What did I do wrong, Jide??

Nike: Don't waste your tears, Madam, Jide is mine and we are getting married very soon

Rose: and to think he didn't even break up with me, the Pastor must hear this.

Nike: Don't just try it because I will make sure the table is turned against you

Taiwo: Dude, you nor try ooooh, after what I discussed with you

Jide: I am sorry but I am in love with Nike, she is the woman of my dreams. Going into a relationship with Rose was all a mistake

Rose: Haaaaa

With that, Nike walked Taiwo and Rose out of the room and then jammed the door leaving Rose and Taiwo to nurse their wounds. Rose couldn't stop weeping, Taiwo who was touched by her tears abandon his pain and was consoling her. He explained to her that he sense in his spirit that something isn't right then, he encouraged her to go back to God.

True to his words, Jide got married to Nike despite the rumors going around. Rose had to change church because she couldn't bear the fact that the man who was supposed to get married got married to someone else. If not for the support of her parent and siblings, she who has committed suicide later on, but she got over it and believed God for a better man.

After Jide's marriage to Nike, one thing people notice was that Jide was no longer vibrant like he was, people no longer turn their lives over to Christ like before, and his messages were so cold that people sleep a lot whenever he was preaching. This became a thing of concern to the Pastor and the council of the elders.

A year later, a new pastor was transferred to the church, by then, Rose had gotten over the heartbreak and had returned to the church. This new Pastor was made the assistant pastor when it was discovered that the hand of God was upon him and in a couple of months, the church got revived again.

When Nike saw that the attention which Jide once enjoyed was being transferred to Tope, the new Pastor, she felt her husband's position was being threatened and then, decided to go back to the herbalist that once prepared a love potion for her to give her a charm which would make Tope spiritually weak.

Some months after Tope's arrival, he was led to propose to Rose but she turned him down immediately with the claim that she doesn't want to have anything to do with ministers.

To be continued...

Episode 5

Rose was praying one midnight when the Holy Spirit told her to pray for Pastor Tope and after moments of praying for him, the Holy Spirit told her the mystery surrounding Jide's marriage to Nike.

Holy Spirit: Tope is your husband and you should accept his proposal as soon as possible to avoid the plans of the wicked ones.

Rose: but Lord, I don't want to have anything to do with ministers, look at what Jide did to me.

Holy Spirit: Jide didn't jilt you purposely, there was a manipulation in the realm of the spirit but Jide's disobedience to the nudging of the Holy Spirit cost him his ministry and position in the realm of the Spirit.

Rose: Haa, this is terrible but what can be done?

Holy Spirit: Nothing for now because he was joined himself with the daughter of the devil

Rose: But Sister Nike used to be a vibrant sister

Holy Spirit: Nike was my daughter until her quest for a minister simply because of the attention ministers receives. She became the daughter of the devil just because she wanted to get married to Jide and now, she wants to hunt Tope simply because she felt he is taking Jide's position and attention.

Rose: Jesus Christ!!!

Holy Spirit: that is why you need to accept Tope's proposal and then become his intercessor because Jide's ministry has been transferred to Tope.

Rose: hmmm, Lord, do you think I can do this?

Holy Spirit: You have been equipped for this so, rise and get started. One thing is sure, you will surely become victorious but remember, Tope is your husband.

Rose: help me, Lord.

Holy Spirit: my grace is sufficient for you

As instructed by the Holy Spirit, Rose accepted Pastor Tope's marriage proposal but this time around, everything was on low-key. In the course of their courtship, they became prayer partners, and together, they were able to do exploits.

Nike went to the herbalist and was given charms which she put in Tope's office on two occasions but it didn't have any effect. When the herbalist saw that his work wasn't yielding any result, he consulted his gods and they make him realize that they can't get Tope unless he commits the sin of fornication. The herbalist also got to know that he was currently in a relationship hence, he sent out a spirit of lust to Tope and his fiancee.

After service one day, Rose went to meet Tope in his office and when she discovered that he was alone in his office, she begin to unbutton her shirt while pleading with Tope to make love to her right in his office.

To be continued...

Episode 6

Tope became carried away immediately he came face to face with the upper part of Rose's burst but all of a sudden he remembered his personal commandment and rebuke the spirit behind Rose's sudden behavior and he immediately he did that, Rose fell to the floor. He picked up his phone and invited his prayer partner into his office to avoid further temptation and together they cast the spirit of lust out of Rose.

When Rose became conscious, she was surprised to see that her shirt was no longer on her, she quickly pick up and put it on. When Tope saw that she was embarrassed, he had to explain what happened to her and then tell her it was manipulation.

Tope: you don't need to feel bad okay? The devil wanted to play a fast one on us but he came late.

Rose: (sobbing) I still don't believe that almost push you into the sin of fornication

Tope: come on, you don't need to cry. This happened out of manipulation so, I understand better.

Rose: I am so sorry, I promise to be spiritually sensitive. I had a feeling in my spirit that something wanted to happen today but I took it for granted

Tope: it's okay. Let's thank God for everything and in the future, we won't take the nudging of the Holy Spirit for granted because that's the only way we can win the battle against the devil

Rose: ohh, I am so blessed to have you

Tope: you know, I need more prayers because if I dare engage in fornication, I will lose my life and destiny

Rose: how do you mean???

Tope: when God commissioned me, He told me that the moment I commit fornication, that day I will become a dead man. Not physical death, you get??

Rose: Haaa! Thank You, Jesus. What if you had fallen today??

Tope: God won't allow it because I keep asking Him to help me abstain from fornication and the likes

Rose: wow! This is a great revelation. We just have to remain prayerful and watchful

Tope: Exactly dear, God will help us.

Rose: Amen.

Tope and Rose's wedding ceremony was announced in the church and of course, it came as a shock to everyone because no one saw it coming. When Nike got wind of the wedding ceremony, she was ready to destroy it because her plan to bring Tope down had been futile.

As their wedding day drew nearer, the intending couple became more prayerful and watchful, they avoided anything that can cause them to commit fornication, and truly, God was on their side.

Again, Nike went to the herbalist and narrated to him that her enemy's wedding was on the way hence so, she needed a charm to disrupt the wedding.

The herbalist then gave her a charm and instructed her to embrace Rose on her wedding day and once that is done, Rose will never be able to conceive.

To be continued...

Episode 7

A week before their wedding, Tope had a revelation that the someone has the plan to hurt his wife on the wedding day hence, they fasted and prayed to cancel every plan of the enemy. The Holy Spirit further reveal that Rose should anoint herself before wearing her wedding dress and the couple should be fast till they get to their matrimonial house.

On the wedding day, things were going as planned. The traditional marriage went as planned and even the church wedding was successful. It was at the reception venue that Nike came out to perpetrate her evil, she came to the direction of the couple with a big wedding gift pretending to be happy with the union. She handed the gift to the best man who was in charge of the gift collection and then, moved closer to the couple. As she was about to embrace Rose, she suddenly saw a cloud of fire around Rose. Not wanting to relent, she tried shaking Tope but stopped when she saw the same cloud of fire surrounding him. She congratulated them dryly and moved back to her seat and in annoyance threw the evil ring the herbalist gave her away.

Rose became tired and then told her newly wedded husband that she needed to go home to rest. Tope looked at the face of his wife and smiled, she looked so tired which was because they have been fasting for days and even on their wedding day, they were still fasting. He beckoned to the Master of Ceremony and told him to round up the activities as they needed to go home.

The couple made a mistake by leaving the reception venue with their gifts behind. Tope told his best man to coordinate the gift and bring them to their house at the end of the reception and with that, they left for their new home.

On getting to their new home, the couple sang songs of praise to God who saw them through and deliver them from the plan of the wicked one. After praising God and praying, the couple had their first bath together and broke their fast.

Tope had no mind of having any sexual contact with his wife that night since it was obvious she was tired but the moment she came into the bedroom wearing a beautiful but revealing nightwear, he lost it. The next thing that happened was their clothes lying on the floor. After all said and done, Tope couldn't stop beaming with smiles, he was happy his wife came to his bed undefiled hence, he couldn't stop kissing her forehead and speaking sweetly to her.

After their first sexual contact, Rose bled. At first, the couple felt it was a normal thing probably due to Rose's kind of hymen but when the bleeding won't stop even on the seventh day, they had to visit the hospital. The doctor examined Rose and gave her some drugs which indeed helped stopped the bleeding. Two days later, when it was obvious Rose was better, the couple made love again which made the bleeding continue and this time around, it was very heavy.

Rose became very scared as she became so lean because of the amount of blood she was losing daily. They went back to the doctor who gave them some drugs but this time around, the bleeding didn't stop. Rose began to cry telling her husband to do something fast so that she doesn't lose her life.

To be continued...

Episode 8

Tope's eyeballs were red, he didn't want to cry before his wife because it would break her more, watching her roll on the bed wriggling in pain was something he couldn't continue to do. He picked up his Bible and went into his prayer room and begin to converse with God in tears.

He asked God why his wife had to go through so much pain just because they made love, He reminded God that both of them came to their marital bed undefiled. He opened his journal and began to remind God of the promise of sexual satisfaction He gave him years ago.

Tope had never been that broken all his life, he was weeping so loudly that even his wife could hear from the bedroom. Not up to fifteen minutes of conversing with God, the Holy Spirit began to talk to him.

Holy Spirit: why did it take you time to come to me? Do you think you fight the battle of life by yourself? I expected you to have come to me immediately after this began

Tope: Haa, I am sorry, Lord. Forgive me negligence

Holy Spirit: An enemy used your carelessness against you

Tope: How Lord??

Holy Spirit: I told you to be very careful and watchful on your wedding day but you weren't

Tope: Haaa, how, Lord??

Holy Spirit: your wedding gifts were tampered with. I know you received so many gifts but can you burn them all because as long as they remain in your possession, the bleeding will continue. The plan is to make your wife bleed to death and then make you a life stock.

Tope: Jesus!!! But what is my offense??

Holy Spirit: Your enemy joined in packing your wedding gifts into the vehicle and then, programmed evil into them. Go and burn them then come back here.

Tope: Yes, Lord.

Tope went angrily into the room they kept their wedding gifts as they haven't been able to open them. He brought them out, ignored his wife's pleas to leave the gifts, and then, set fire to them. After watching it burn, he went back into his prayer room and prayed as the Holy Spirit led him, he commanded the plague to go back to the owner, and then, he anointed his wife. Surprisingly, his wife slept like a baby and when she woke up, the bleeding was gone.

Nike was preparing dinner for her husband when she began to have strange stomach pain. At first, she thought her unborn baby was moving but when it became serious, she alerted her husband, and together, they went to the hospital to have Nike undergo some check-ups.

After examining her, the doctor said nothing was wrong with her but she was admitted. At around 1 am, she began to bleed and before they knew what was happening, the baby in her womb stopped moving. When the doctors saw that her life was being threatened, they were forced to bring the dead baby out of her.

On the other hand, Tope and his wife were doing well, a week after Tope burnt their wedding gift, an anonymous person called and requested for their account and sent three million naira into it. The couple was dazed and to think the person's number never went through again. The couple prayed to God as to what they should use the money to do and after payment of the tithe, they were led to start a school in the environment since Rose had always dreamed of having her school. Gradually, they started building their school and God was helping them.

Six months later, The senior sent for Tope and told him one of their members was critically sick in the hospital and that he should go and pray for her. He asked for the member's name and the senior pastor mentioned "Sister Nike". Tope promised to go pray for her but on his way home the Holy Spirit warned him not to go if he doesn't want the problem to transfer to his wife.

To be continued...

Episode 9

Rose was preparing dinner when her husband came back from the church, she went to meet him in the room and discovered he was restless, she asked him what was wrong and he made her realize that the Pastor instructed him to go and pray for Nike in the hospital but the Holy Spirit is preventing him from doing so. Rose understood he didn't want to disobey the senior pastor but with all they went through recently, she knew the best way to obey the Holy Spirit since He sees what they didn't see and knows what they didn't know.

Tope decided to obey the Holy Spirit by not going to pray for Nike. When the senior pastor heard that he didn't go, he was mad at Tope then, he decided to go with another junior pastor since Tope refused to go. Immediately the Senior Pastor and the other junior pastor got into Nike's ward, she began to cry that she wants only Pastor Tope to pray for her. The Senior pastor tried to pray for her but Nike kept resisting.

All of a sudden, Jide shut her up and gave the Senior pastor the go-ahead to pray for his wife. Immediately the senior pastor laid his hands on Nike, she began to scream as an unseen fire passed through her body.

Nike: Haa, I will confess, I will confess

Senior Pastor: Confess?? How?? What are you confessing?

Nike: Please, don't let me die, I am sorry. All I just wanted was to marry Pastor Jide and experience the respect that a pastor's wife enjoy

All: Haaaaaaa

Nike: I charmed Pastor Jide so that he can marry me, I put a love potion in his food and after eating it, he forgot everything about rose

Immediately she said that, it was as if scales dropped from Jide's eyes, he became himself and was shocked to see himself in the hospital when he was supposed to be planning his wedding with Rose. While Rose was serving her husband dinner, Tope suddenly got instructed by Holy Spirit to visit the hospital with his wife. A skeptical Rose refused at first but decided to go with her husband after the Holy Spirit spoke to her.

On getting to Nike's ward, they met Jide on the floor weeping, the realization of all that happened hit him so hard. It was so shocking that he had been married to his friend's intended bride all this while. He was more broken to see that Rose was married to someone else and she was already pregnant, the truth was just too much for him to deal with.

What Rose felt for Jide was pity, she was already married to Tope and there was nothing anyone could do about that. She only prayed that God would comfort him and replace his loss. After her confession had ended, Nike breathe her last breath. Rose was happy that Jide was free from the deceit.
Although she felt bad that Nike had to send herself to hell in the quest of getting married to a Pastor, there was nothing she could do.

The senior pastor consoled Jide and encouraged him not to give up on life but go back to God and rededicate his life to God. When Taiwo got wind of all that happened, he let go of his anger and came to sympathize with Jide.

After Nike's burial, Jide sold some valuables and left the church and the environment for good. On getting to his parent's place, he tried taking his life twice but he encountered God and after that, he became a firebrand minister of God but this time around, he was more watchful and prayerful. God led him to a beautiful sister after spending a year in Port Harcourt but he is taking his time.

The love Tope and Rose shared waxed stronger with each passing day. One thing they realized was that God allow his children to experience some challenges to make them spiritually stronger. Rose gave birth to a beautiful baby girl a year after their wedding whom they named Jasmine. The couple's school is doing well and they promised God that they wouldn't stop following God.

THE END