Big Daddy

Started by StoryTeller, Monday, 10 April 2023, 06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

122928057_807810680075111_4134993272162998605_n.jpg

BIG DADDY

Episode 1

'Awwn! Thank you so much big sis for making it to my introduction, I thought you won't be able to come judging from the way you spoke on the phone yesterday' Cindy appreciated her elder sister, Kezia.

'It's alright baby sis, I wasn't sure of my coming but I just felt that my absence would make my baby sister unhappy'

'Wow! Thanks for being considerate big sis, come and have a change of cloth, George and his people will soon be here'

'My baby sis is in love and can't wait to be married' Kezia whined

'Yes sis, I can't wait to be married to George. I keep praying to God every day to make my marriage with George blissful like yours'

'Don't worry your head dear, God will make yours better than mine just ensure you play your part okay?'

'Yes sis, come on big sis, time isn't on our side'

Kezia and Cindy are the only children of Mr. and Mrs. Okpara. The Okpara family wasn't a rich one but they did everything in their ability to ensure that their two daughters had sound education.

Kezia the first daughter studied Economics and came out with a good result. Luck smiled on her, she got a good job and also got married to her heart rob two years after she graduated from the University.

Cindy, the last daughter, and child studied Mathematics and graduated with good results. She also got a good job and she is in the process of settling down.

George came with his parent and Uncles some hours later. They were welcomed by Kezia and her parent as Cindy was inside the room.

Everything was going on well till Kezia came in contact with George's father who has been outside making calls.

'Big Daddy?' Kezia screamed

'Kezia??' Big Daddy replied in shock

'This wedding cannot hold' Kezia declared angrily and went into one of the rooms.

To be continued...

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook.

Episode 2

'George, you can't marry from this family, so let's go' big daddy informed his son

'But why father? You can't expect me to break my relationship probably because of an issue you had with one of her family members in the past' George interjected

'Then be ready to get married without my blessings and if you tried that, I won't waste time to disown and disinherit your' big daddy threatened and angrily left the house.

George had to apologize to Cindy's parents and left with his father. Mr. And Mrs. Okara were mad at Kezia for the role she played in the whole matter. They invited her over to inquire what her reason was for the stunt she pulled earlier.

'Bia Kezia, what was the meaning of what you did in the presence of our in-laws? Don't you want your sister to be happily married the way you are? Asked an angry Mr. Okpara

'Papa, it isn't like that. You all know that it is my joy to see my sister happily married, the thing is that if she marries into that family, she will experience turmoil and maltreatment' Kezia explained

'Hmmm, so what is your reason for that?' Mrs. Okpara who have been silently asked

'Mama, I can not tell you the reason but what I know is that my little sister can never get married to that boy'

'If you have no evidence to back up your words then why didn't you just shut your mouth. I hope you are happy now that my relationship of almost five years is crumbling, it is obvious you are not after my happiness.' A crying Cindy spat out angrily

'Come on Cindy, you know I love and want the best for you. See, that family isn't the best for you'

'You are very stupid Kezia. Wait! Are you truly my flesh and blood? You just destroyed your sister marital plans and you say you want the best for her' Mr. Okpara barked

'Papa, you just have to calm down and try to reason with me. You should know that I don't just make decisions anyhow, this decision is for the best of every one of us' Kezia defended herself

'You are mad you are going crazy. Go in there now, take your things and leave my house' Mr. Okpara ordered

'It hasn't come to this papa'

'Are you still waiting, I am going to release my dogs on you now'

To be continued...
For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook.

Episode 3

'Welcome sweet, how did the introduction go?'Ryan welcome his wife of three years

'Fine o, I am very tired. Anything to eat?'Kezia asked

'Yes, I made Semo and warmed the soup you left in the refrigerator'

'Ohh thank you sweetheart, you are a darling'

'You are welcome dear, when you are done resting, come and gist me on how it went'

'Ryan sweet, I am very tired and can't tell you anything tonight maybe some other time'

'Alright now'

Ryan and his wife both retired to bed. Some hours later, Kezia's cell phone started ringing. Kezia was awoken by the ring tune of her cell phone but refused to pick. Ryan who couldn't sleep as a result of the ring tune, stood up and took the cell phone. He was surprised to see that the caller was his sister-in-law.

'Good evening sister Cindy, how are you??' Ryan greeted

'I am not fine'Cindy replied in tears

'Why?' A surprised Ryan asked

'Please help me ask your wife why she chose to destroy my day of joy? Help me ask your wife why she chose to make me unhappy? Help me ask your wife why she decided to break my relationship of five years?

'What?? She never mentioned anything to me, you mean something of this extent happened today? Wait! This outrageous, let me talk to her and get back to you'

'Alright, goodnight'

'Sweetheart, stand up we need to talk' Ryan tapped his wife

'There is nothing to talk about, she just cant get married to that guy' Kezia replied with authority

'But what is your reason for that? Isn't the guy good enough or what?'

'George is a nice young man but his family is a terrible one'

'Why did you think so? Have you related with his family before?' Ryan inquired inquisitively

'I have nothing to say, please I need to go to bed as I have a lot of files lying on my bed'

'We are still talking okay?'

'Please, leave this matter biko, I need to rest jare' Kezia replied rudely

'And you are bent on going to bed while I am still taking ba?'

'Good night'

Kezia ignored her husband and went to bed.

To be continued...

Episode 4

George had been calling Cindy for days but she refused to pick. When he couldn't take it on the sixth day that he had been trying her line, he decided to call her with another number.

'Good evening, please who is this?' Cindy asked

'Hmm, why have you refused to pick my call?' George asked with concern written all over his face

'I am trying to make the break up easy for me'

'And did I break up with you??'

'No but you know that we can't get married without the consent of our family members'

'That is true, has your sister tell you the reason behind her not supporting our marriage?'

'She refused to talk in fact, she refused to tell her husband. I have an idea'

'Bring it on' George urged her

'What about you impregnating me?'

'What kind of an idea is that? We have abstain from sex for five years, is it now that our wedding is in view that we would break our vow?'

'Hmmm, you know I am not like that, I am just fed up. My sister refused to talk to us, your dad also refused to talk, we are just stuck'

'Its okay dear, I think we should intensify our prayers and also go see your sister's husband because I believe he is the only one who can help us out' George suggested

'Do you think that would work?' Cindy asked

'By the grace of God, it should'

'Alright dear, God will see us through'

'Amen'

Ryan came back from work one evening looking worn out. Kezia, who saw how tired he was, went to him, welcome him home and collected his briefcase. Instead of giving her his briefcase, Ryan pushed her away and went into the bedroom, an act that surprised Kezia a lot.

Kezia overlooked his action and went after him with a train of food. Ryan neglected the food and went to bed after taking his birth. Kezia who was disturbed by her husband's action, spoke angrily to him.

'Let me be woman, how do you expect me to eat the food of a wicked and heartless woman who is happy when people around her are unhappy" Ryan spoke with bitterness

'Excuse me? What is the meaning of that?'

'We have been married for three years without a child but I never for once disturb you, instead I do everything possible to make you happy whenever you are weighed down by the thought of our childlessness. Why have you now decided to take pleasure in something that makes your sister unhappy?'

'Ohh so it's because of that ba? Better forget that matter' Kezia replied and made to leave the room but was stopped by her husband's threat

'Be ready to leave my house if you refuse to speak out at the end of three days. Mark my words'

To be continued...

Episode 5

Kezia took her husband's threat with levity, she thought it was one of his normal statement made out of anger. She began to realize that he was serious about it when he didn't speak to her or even reply her greetings.

On that third day, she decided to prepare his favorite and even tried to appease him. She went to the market, bought the needed ingredients and prepared Oha soup with fufu thinking that the sight of the food will make him happy.

Unfortunately, Ryan came home and walk pass the dining without bothering to glance at the food which was producing a nice aroma. Kezia placed the food on the tray and took it to the bedroom.

Getting to the bedroom, she was surprised to see him carrying her boxes out, she tried to plead with him to stop but he refused to listen. As he angrily rolled one of the boxes down, it came in contact with the tray in her and everything in the tray fell to the ground.

Ryan was so angry that he wasn't moved by the sight of the content on the floor. He moved her boxes out of the house and threw her out too. He then gave the gate man strict warning that Kezia mustn't be seen inside or around the house.

Kezia tried to plead with the gate man but he was bent on carrying out his boss instruction in order not to loose his job. Left with no choice but to leave the house, Kezia picked her boxes up and left in tears.

With no other place to go, Kezia left for her parent's house. Getting to her parent's house, she wasn't allowed inside, she was told that there was no place for a heartless child. Kezia who had no other place to go had to sit at the doorstep.

The following day, her parent were surprised to see her sitting at the doorstep and was shivering. Mrs. Okpara who was moved by her daughter's health condition pleaded with her husband to let Kezia in but he refused to let her in till she reveal the secret behind her refusal to allow her sister get married to George.

Kezia's stubbornness made her spend another night outside the house. When she couldn't take the ill treatment again, she informed her parent that she was ready to let the cat out of the bag.

She told her parent to invite her husband and George. Mrs Okpara wanted to give her food and drugs before she finally speak to them but her husband ordered her not to. He said he would only allowed her taste water and food in the house till the end of her so called confession.

Cindy, who couldn't wait to hear what her sister has to say quickly invited George and Ryan over. Ryan was moved when he saw his wife looking lean and unkempt but he had to pretend that he wasn't moved.

After everyone had settled down, Kezia began to talk.

After spending six years at home, I finally got admission into the university. I bought all I needed with happiness and travelled down to school. I was happy that I was finally an undergraduate after years of waiting.

To be continued...

Episode 6

Getting to school, I discovered that I was meant to share a room with two other ladies named Rosy and Laura but that wasn't a problem to me as all I wanted was to be in school after spending six years at home.

Lectures began and I discovered that Rosy and Laura were always absent from classes and when I confronted them, they claimed that they needed to be with their boyfriends and sugar daddies as they were the ones paying their tuition. That was when I discovered that they were runs girls.

I became more careful with them and ensure that I had no issues with them. We live in peace and they were always giving me my share of goodies their men got for them and one costly mistake I made was collecting the goodies from them without thinking twice.

Since my parent were always unable to provide me with the things I needed, I made do with whatever I received from Rosy and Laura.

One day, I overhead Rosy telling Laura about one of her sugar daddies who wasn't treating her well. She said the was stingy as he was always giving her five thousand naira after she spend weekend with him while other men pay her fifty thousand and above for just a weekend. Laura told her to calm down that they would devise a plan to make him pay.

After an hectic lecture one afternoon, Rosy suggested that we go to a restaurant to have lunch and since they were the ones paying, I gave in. Done with the food, we were about leaving the restaurant when a Jeep drove carelessly into the restaurant and stopped before us.

I was about to lash the driver when I saw Big Daddy alighted from the Jeep with anger written all over him.

'Rosy, where is my briefcase?'he asked vibrating in anger

'Brief case?? What are you talking about??' Rosy asked feigning ignorance

'You drugged me and stole my briefcase containing dollars and now you are pretending to be innocent' Big Daddy revealed shocking me

'What kind of accusation is that? What I know is that I didn't take your briefcase' Rosy replied and made to leave the restaurant.

Suddenly, Big Daddy removed his cap and three huge bees came out of his head and stung Rosy and Laura to death. I don't know how the third one wasn't able to sting me. I narrowly escaped to the hostel, pack some of my things and went home. I had to lie to my parent that we were on impromptu break.

After three months, I returned to school with the thought that Big Daddy would have let go of the issue. Unfortunately for me, Big Daddy and two of his boys came to the room two days after I returned back to school. How they enter the room still remained a mystery to me.

Big Daddy asked me for his briefcase and I told him that I didn't know anything about what Rosy and Laura did. In fact, I told him that I wasn't into prostitution as I was still a virgin.

Telling him about my chaste status was another grevious mistake I made. As he requested for my virginity in exchange for his money.

To be continued...

Episode 7

I pleaded and pleaded with Big Daddy that I was innocent but he turned a deaf ear to my plea. He commanded the two boys that came with him to tear my clothes and tie me to the bed. When I tried to scream for help, I received a deafening slap from one of the boys.

While I was tied down, Big Daddy defiled me without pity. When he was done, he told his boys to have their share and before they left my room that night, Big Daddy said that was my reward for having bad friends.

That night was a horrible one for me, I cried and cried but no one was there to comfort me. I couldn't leave my room for almost a week as I was sore all over and I bled for almost a week.

In order not to be stigmatized, I kept the incident to myself and treat myself. Two months later, I fell down in the hostel and the only lady who was present in the hostel that day rushed me to the hospital where I was confirmed six weeks pregnant.

The lady named Lucy was surprised to hear that I was pregnant because she knew that I wasn't living a wayward lifestyle in school. I had to open up to her and she was willing to assist me.

I had to stop going to school when the pregnancy was four months as my stomach was slightly protuded. Lucy took me to a family that were in need of a child. Our agreement was that they will take care of me all through the pregnancy period and I was to hand over the baby to them after birth.

During the pregnancy period, I had to lie to my parent that I won't come home for holiday as I was working. Back in school, Lucy paid people to write exam and test for me without being caught.

I delivered a baby girl and handed her over to the couple as bargained. It was not easy because I fell in love with my baby the moment I set my eyes on her but I just had to let go.

I pleaded with the couple to take good care of my daughter with the mind of coming back for her after I finish school and get a good job but after I settled down, the couple were no where to be found.

Cindy, it isn't as if I don't want you to be happy, I just don't want you to enter a bad family. I am just watching out for you as your big sister.

Ryan, I am sorry I kept this part of my past away from you and if you don't want to continue the relationship after hearing this, you are justified. I also want to confess to you that I have been using contraceptives to prevent pregnancy. Please forgive me, you are a good man and I pray God will give you a good wife. So, everyone that is what I have to say.

To be continued...

Episode 8

'You mean my dad treated you in such a wicked way??' George asked in anger while Kezia just replied with a nod

'I am very sorry for insulting you Big sis, I never knew you went through an ordeal. Now, I understood that you were concerned about my happiness' Cindy who was shocked by the revelation moved closer to her sister

'Kezia, why do you hide such a thing from your mother and I' Mr. Okpara asked

'I knew how you and mama were struggling to ensure Cindy and I have the basic things of life so, I didn't want to do anything that will drag your name in the mud'

'Hmmm, people are very heartless but Kezia, you still shouldn't have hide that from us. We are your parent and we will always be ready to help you overcome challenges' Mrs Okpara chipped in

Everyone in the room were speaking to Kezia except Ryan. The revelation of Kezia preventing pregnancy with the use of contraceptives was just too much for him to bear. At first, he felt pained that she hid her past from him but he was willing to forgive her, but the issue of contraceptives broke him.

He remembered the first day he met her at a grocery store, she bought some goods and was about to pay when she realized that she didn't bring her purse with her to the store. He had to help her out when the cashier wanted to embarrass her.

They became friends from there and they later fell in love with each other. He remembered how he pleaded and pleaded with her before she finally gave him a yes. She was in love with him but always claimed that was afraid of being maltreated.

He proposed marriage to her and was even ready to disobey his parent when they first rejected her. His family finally gave their support and they tied the knot. After their wedding, he did everything within his ability to make her happy.

Now, he couldn't believe that she could deny him of childbearing because a man once molested her. He wiped the sweat on his face with a handkerchief and quietly walked out of the house. How he got home that day was a miracle as he wasn't himself all through the drive home.

Getting home, he let out a scream that shook the four corners of the house. He felt used and heartbroken, he didn't believe that love could hurt so much. That night, he cried himself to sleep. He was happy Kezia wasn't at home with him because he wasn't sure of he would have done to her if she was around.

George also left for home after sympatizing with Kezia. He had always knew his father was a flirt who chase anything in skirt and for the first time in his life, he regretted being born by a man who has no control over his manhood.

He was scared of his relationship because he knew Cindy's parent will never want to give their younger daughter to the son of the man who molested their first daughter. Even if they are allowed to get married, won't Kezia be constantly reminded of that incidence?

On his way home, he was determined to lash his father with words only be be told by the gate man that his father slumped in the bathroom and has been rushed to the hospital. Getting to the hospital, his mother informed him that his father might not be able to make use of his legs again as he had stroke.

To be continued...

Episode 9

For two weeks, Kezia didn't hear anything from her husband. She called and called but he refused to pick, she regretted not trusting him enough to give him her all.

She loved me but she decided not to fully trust him because she felt he might end up breaking her heart. She believed she would be able to walk away from the marriage easily if there was absence of children.

Mrs. Okpara who had been watching her daughter weep in silence advised she go meet Ryan to trash out things. At first, Kezia hesitated but later summon courage to go see him.

That day, she wore a simple dress, applied a little make up and head to her husband's house with a troubled mind. Getting home, she was surprised that the gate man allowed her in easily.

She was so surprised to see the house looking dirty and unkempt. She thought of putting the house in order first but later decided to see Ryan first. She went into the their bedroom only to see him shivering under the blanket.

She ran to him and sat beside him trying to feel his temperature. His temperature was so high that she couldn't help but shed tears that he was sick because of her. Ryan is a soft-hearted person who gets easily affected by things happening around him. Kezia also discovered that he looks lean which broke her.

Without wasting time, she took money from her purse and went to the nearest pharmacy to get drugs for her husband. She encouraged him to take his bath while she prepared him something to eat. After forcing him to eat few spoons of rice, Ryan took the drugs and slept off.

With the condition she met Ryan, she couldn't leave him alone. She called home and informed them about the situation of things.

Two days later, Ryan became better. Kezia tried to talk to him but he kept on ignoring her. Looking into his eyes, all she saw was disappointment and unhappiness. After five days of staying with him, Kezia decided to go back to her parent's house since he wasn't willing to speak to her plus her things were at her parent's place.

She announced her departure and was about to leave the house when he stopped her.

'Why did you do it?? I mean, what was my offence that you had to deny me of the opportunity of having children?' Ryan asked with unhappiness written all over him

'Sweetheart, I am very sorry, please forgive me' Kezia pleaded while on her knees

'You have not answered my question'

'I was afraid of giving you my all and in the end get heartbroken, I was afraid of trusting you and get hurt' she replied still on her knees

'And why didn't you stop using it when you saw how well I treated you?'

'I am sorry, please forgive me'

'You see, I am not sure this relationship can continue because a relationship without trust can't last plus it's obvious you are not interested'

'Baby, please forgive my stupidity. I am still interested, in fact, I went to the doctor last week and stopped the contraceptive. I am ready to give you children, as many as you want. Please, don't divorce me' Kezia replied while weeping profusely.

To be continued...

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook.

Episode 10

'Stand up' Ryan commanded

'No, let me remain like this'

'Stand up and take a seat, we need to trash out somethings' Ryan ordered

'Alright thank you'

'You see, hiding your past from me very dangerous to our relationship. I was honest about my past and I expected you to be honest about yours but that's by the way. You can't just say you trust me because you will only trust me when you are healed of your past.

You need to let go of the hurt in you so that your future can be sweet. You claimed to love me but I will tell you that you can't love me well because your past won't give you the privilege of loving any male.

Though you hurt me alot, I have forgiven you and I am willing to help you overcome your past because that is the only way you will be able to love me with everything in you. I will contact Dr. Kelvin and ask him to get me a therapist that will help you get better.'

'Haa thank you so much my husband, I am very grateful for you and I promise never to disappoint you again' Kezia promised

'You better not break my heart again because you might not be this lucky' Ryan warned

'I will not break your heart again' Kezia promised again

Two weeks after Kezia and Ryan settled their dispute, Kezia was in the classroom where she taught having lunch as the school were on break. Suddenly, one of her male pupil ran to give her a news.

'Mrs Johnson?' Emmanuel called

'yes Emmanuel, how can I help you?'

'Tiana has a lot of injuries on her body, she said her mother whipped her because she broke a bowl' Emmanuel reported

'injuries?? Tell Tiana to see me now'

'Alright ma'

Tiana came to Kezia's desk and when Kezia saw the injuries, she screamed as the eight years old girl's body was designed with numerous mark from whip. Kezia had to take Tiana to the principal as the issue was more than what she could handle.

The principal was speechless when she saw the injuries on the girl's body. Tiana was the brightest pupil in primary three gold and she was also well behaved so they saw no reason why she should be beaten till she sustained injuries.

Right there, a call was placed across her parent that the school management needs to see them urgently. Mrs. Davies was the only one who honoured the principal's invitation as her husband was out of the country.

After Mrs. Davis got to the principal's office, both Kezia and Tiana were sent forth. Immediately Kezia set her eyes on Mrs. Davies, she screamed her name.

'Mrs. Davies?? Is this you? I searched everywhere for you, when did you and your relocated? I actually came for my daughter'

'Kezia, it's nice seeing you again. We actually had to relocate urgently as the landlord threatened to sell the house'

'ohh, so how is my daughter? Where is she?' Kezia asked anxiously

'eerm eerm, Tiana is your daughter'

'What?? So, you mean you have been maltreating my daughter. So, you were the one that whipped her body till she sustained injuries?

Before Mrs. Davies could say anything, Kezia launch at her, tore her clothes and start beating her.

To be continued...

Episode 11

The principal was able to separate Kezia and Mrs. Davies. She spoke angrily to Kezia saying she expected her to behave maturedly, she further gave Kezia two weeks suspension for fighting a parent. She faced Mrs. Davies and informed her she had to invite the Human right into the issue because Tiana was being maltreated.

Mrs. Davies fell on her knees and pleaded with the principal and even asked Kezia to take her child instead of inviting the Human right activists. The Principal was wroth with Mrs. Davies that she lashed her, she was asked if she had children of her own which she affirmed to that when Tiana was three years, she gave birth to two boys.

The Principal asked Mrs. Davies to write a note symbolizing that she personally handed Tiana to Kezia. The note was typed and taken to the police station so that there won't be problem in the future.

Kezia went into her class, took her things and that of Tiana then drove to their family hospital to get Tiana's wound treated. On their way to the hospital, she kept on apologizing to Tiana that she is sorry for abandoning her when she was a baby. Tiana, who was too young to understand was just nodding her head.

While Tiana was being treated, Kezia called Ryan and told him to join her at their family hospital. She then invited George and Cindy over. Ryan, who thought something happened to his wife drove furiously to the hospital and only became calm when he saw that she was fine.

She wasted no time to narrate what happened to her husband and how she got her daughter.

'Sweetheart, I know you have done a lot for me but can you please let her live with us??'

'Hmmm, babe, I have no problem with her living with us but a DNA test needs to be conducted on her before you can believe she is yours' Ryan advised

'Sure, In fact, I have called George and Cindy to meet us here then, we would be able to see if she and George are siblings'

'Thats better'

While they were conversing, George drove in with Cindy and Kezia narrated the situation to them. Cindy fell in love with Tiana immediately she saw her that she placed her on her laps.

The DNA test was carried out and it was discovered that George and Tiana were ninety nine percent related so also were Tiana and Kezia ninety nine percent related. Kezia's joy knew no bound when she saw the result of the DNA test.

Ryan was also happy for his wife, he promised to love Tiana and prayed that God will bless him with his own child.

To be continued...

Episode 12

Getting to the hospital, George was surprised to see Mr. Thomas, his father's lawyer in his father's ward, and his mother weeping. He cleared his throat trying to register his presence.

'Good afternoon everyone' George greeted

'George, my son, please come here' Big Daddy requested

'Hope all is well?' George asked after sitting beside his Dad

'I won't scale through so, it is better I amend my ways before death takes me away. Despite being my only child, I refuse to give you the needed things to make life comfortable for you rather, I focused on sleeping with every young girl that i come across.

I tortured you and your mother, I left her to struggle to see you through school when I have a lot of money in my account which I keep spending on school girls. I know I wrong you and your mother in numerous ways but I want you to find a place in your heart to forgive me.

I invited my lawyer here to give you everything that belongs to me. Please, give your mother the love and care I never gave her, and also, find a place in your heart to forgive me. Feel free to get married to Kezia's sister and please, tell Kezia to find a place in her heart to forgive me for the inhuman act I meted on her.'

'I hold nothing against you Dad but I want you to know that the enjoyment of few minutes you had with Kezia resulted in a baby girl who is eight years now' George replied his father in tears

'I wish I can see Kezia and the little girl In order to ask for their forgiveness but I can feel my soul departing. Please, take good care of the little girl for me, tell her, I am so...r...r...yy'

With that, Big Daddy breathes his last breath. George who thought he would never mourn his father's demise was the first person to scream. His mother sat on the floor sobbing while the lawyer was the one trying to console them both.

Big Daddy was covered with a white cloth and wheeled to the mortuary while George and his mom were saddled with the responsibility of laying him to rest.

George's mother informs Big Daddy's relatives about his death and they all traveled down to see that their brother was given a proper burial. Cindy was there to give George a shoulder to lean on. Kezia was shocked when she heard of Big Daddy's death, she couldn't attend because she didn't know how she would behave at the burial venue.

Big Daddy was buried and everyone moves on with their lives. The two weeks of suspension was an interesting one as Kezia used it to blend with her daughter, they shopped together, went to the cinema together, and cook together.

Tiana became happy and glowed every day as she was were cared for by Ryan and Kezia. Ryan spoiled her with cake, cookies, chocolate, and ice cream that Kezia had to start cautioning him. Their family was filled with love, laughter, happiness, and many good things.

The family was having lunch one Saturday when George and Cindy walked in looking moody. Before this, George had taken over Tiana's expenses. Kezia's heart skipped a beat when she saw their dull faces, she thought something bad had happened.

'What's wrong with you two?' Kezia asked inquisitively

'Big sis, please allow me to get married to George. Mom and Dad said you are the only one who has the final say, please do this for me' Cindy pleaded while on her knees.

To be continued...

Episode 13

After listening to her sister, Kezia smiled then took her sister's hand and place it in George's hand. She further prayed with them then, ask them to pick a date and hurry with their wedding preparation.

George and Cindy's joy knew no bound. They couldn't stop appreciating Kezia for letting go of the past.

George brought his mom and some of his uncles to Cindy's parents to finalize everything about the wedding. Everything about the planning went on fine and a date was fixed.

Kezia and George were also part of the meeting. During the meeting, Kezia who has not been feeling too well suddenly felt dehydrated and decided to go get water. As she stood up from the cushion to go to the kitchen, she slumped.

Everyone in the room was scared, Mrs. Okpara poured her water hoping that would revive her but it didn't. When Ryan saw that their effort to revive his wife didn't yield any result, he carried her into his car and drove her to their family hospital.

Kezia was admitted and after a series of tests, she was confirmed two months pregnant. Ryan screamed when he received the news, he was so happy that he would be a father in a couple of months. Kezia's was so excited when Ryan broke the news of the pregnancy to her, the look of satisfaction and happiness on Ryan's face increased her joy.

The date for George and Cindy's wedding came and it was glorious, everyone did everything possible to make the wedding a success. The couple couldn't stop appreciating God for not allowing the mistake of their family members to destroy their joy.

The wedding came to an end and the couple was driven to their house to begin a new life.

'What a glorious wedding ceremony!' Ryan exclaimed immediately they got home

'Yes o, everything went as planned. I am happy for my little sis' Kezia replied rubbing her bulging stomach

'Daddy, Mummy, I am missing aunty Cindy'

'We are all missing her baby' Ryan replied to Tiana

'Abi o' Kezia chipped in

'See how everything ended well with us all. I appreciate God for the divine intervention, the devil planned to destroy our marriage and your sister's relationship but God took over and put him to shame' Ryan confessed

'My love, you are very right. The devil proposes but God disposes of. I need to rest dear, I am so tired'

'Biko, don't be tired o, there will be a football match on in your sister's new home, we too need to play ours'

'Match ko match ni'

With that Kezia made for the room while Ryan went after her. Kezia thought her husband was joking about playing a football match that night till he engaged her in a romance and took her to cloud nine.

THE END