Know Your Love Language

Started by Ebunoluwa, Monday, 22 May 2023, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love language.jpeg
 KNOW YOUR LOVE LANGUAGE
I have found out recently that a lot of people don't really know how to express love correctly to their loved ones. Yet, they are great people and would do anything to make their families or friends loved and appreciated. This is to let you know that you can love but may not be able to love correctly. Now, the question is, How do I show care and affection to my loved ones correctly? Or what is my own love language? Let's take a look at the different love languages that we have...

Words of Affirmation:
Are you someone who is easily moved by words? Do you feel appreciated and cherished when people speak positive words about you? The words of affirmation are your own love language. This love language focuses on verbal or written expressions of love and appreciation. Compliments, encouraging words, and kind gestures can make someone with this love language feel cherished and valued.

Acts of Service:
For individuals with this love language, actions speak louder than words. They feel loved when others help them with tasks, offer practical assistance, or try to lighten their load. For instance, between married couples, when their partner helps them in achieving their purpose by giving in their utmost support, they feel so loved.

Receiving Gifts:
This love language centers around the thoughtfulness and significance of gifts. Basically, It's not about materialism but the sentiment behind the gift. People who appreciate receiving gifts feel loved when they are given meaningful presents that demonstrate care and attention.

Quality Time:
Quality time is about giving your undivided attention and creating meaningful experiences with your loved ones. Individuals with this love language feel loved when they spend dedicated, uninterrupted time with their loved ones, engaging in activities or simply having meaningful conversations.

Physical Touch:
This majorly is meant for Married folks. Singles and the unmarried are not permitted to do this. Your relationship is for talking and not touching. Even for married people, they are to do this with their partner alone and not with anyone else.
Physical touch is a love language that emphasizes the power of physical contact. Hugs, kisses, holding hands, and other forms of touch are essential for individuals with this love language to feel loved and connected.

Remember, each person has a primary love language, and discovering your own and your loved ones' languages can enhance your relationships by ensuring love is expressed and received in a way that resonates deeply.