Love Me the Way I Want to be Loved

Started by Mercy Oyekemisola, Wednesday, 17 May 2023, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quality-time-love-language-jpg.jpg

LOVE ME THE WAY I WANT TO BE LOVED - PART ONE

Do you know there is no human being that doesn't want to be loved? Oh yes, everyone wants to feel loved.

Have you heard of LOVE LANGUAGE before? Maybe you have or maybe you haven't. Either ways, you need to follow this series
Alright! Let's get started

According to Gary Chapman, there are five love languages and those five love languages are the common ones, we have known, heard and read about. There are other love languages apart from these five but in this series, we will be talking about the FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES

Love language is beyond romantic relationship. Yes, it is not limited to dating couples and married couples. Your friends, colleagues at work, neighbours, relatives etc., whom you aren't in romantic relationship with, are also humans and they want to be loved as well. Therefore, everyone has his or her own love language(s).

There is a way these five love languages is applicable to other relationships aside romantic relationship but in this series, my emphasis will be majorly on romantic relationship; love languages among dating and married couples.

So, if  you are reading this, I assume you are married or in a relationship or let me say, you aren't in a relationship or married yet, but someday, you would.

WHAT IS LOVE LANGUAGE?

Since I'm talking majorly on romantic relationship here, then, I would loved to define LOVE LANGUAGE in that context as well. Alright!

LOVE LANGUAGE is a way you or your partner prefers to be loved. It is a language your partner wants you to speak to them, for them to feel loved and vice versa. This is necessarily not verbally alone.

The common FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES are: WORDS OF AFFIRMATION, QUALITY TIME, PHYSICAL TOUCH, GIFTS AND ACTS OF SERVICE
Let's briefly discuss these five love languages

WORDS OF AFFIRMATION: These are the WORDS your partner says to you or about you, that means alot to you. They speak volumes to you whenever you hear them or the WORDS you speak to your partner that means alot to them and speak volumes.

Complimenting your partner - Telling your partner how pretty and handsome they are, is an example of words of affirmation. Words of praises-Singing praises of your partner is another example of words of affirmation. Saying nice things and kind words to your partner is an example of words of affirmation. Words of encouragement is an example of words of affirmation.

Do you know, telling your partner THANK YOU, is a word of affirmation? Oh yes, as simple as it is, it means a lot to someone whose love language is words of affirmation. So, words of appreciation is also an example of words of affirmation.

QUALITY TIME: I know you are eager to read the remaining, smiles. I would talk about the remaining love languages in my next post.

Wait, before you go. Do you know there are LOVE LANGUAGES and there is something called PRIMARY LOVE LANGUAGE? I would definitely talk about THE PRIMARY LOVE LANGUAGE also in this series.

So, stay tuned!

© Mercy Oyekemisola