How  Lukman Adeyemi was Wrongly Jailed  for 24-Years 

Started by Iyanuoluwa, Monday, 24 June 2024, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMG_20240624_211014.jpg

How  Lukman Adeyemi was Wrongly Jailed  for 24-Years 

Lukman Adeyemi spent 24 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. His ordeal began when he accompanied a friend to a police station, showing loyalty and support. Little did he know, this decision would lead to his own arrest and wrongful conviction.

Lukman's journey was marked by torture, coercion, and injustice. He was detained for nine years without trial and later sentenced to death row, where he spent 15 years. Despite his pleas of innocence, he faced skepticism and disbelief.

His story is a stark reminder of the flaws in Nigeria's criminal justice system. Lukman's case highlights the need for reform and the importance of advocacy organizations like the Centre for Justice, Mercy, and Reconciliation (CJMR), which helped him regain his freedom.

Lukman's account is a heart-wrenching tale of hope and resilience in the face of adversity. His experience serves as a warning to ensure that justice is served and the innocent are protected.

Here's Lukman's story in his own words:

"I was 26 when I got into trouble. My friend, Ismaila, was wanted by the police, and I went with him to the station. I was arrested and tortured, accused of a crime I knew nothing about. I was sentenced to death in 2009, but I never gave up hope. After 24 years, I was finally freed with the help of CJMR. My story is a testament to the power of justice and the importance of never giving up."