I No Do Again (Story)

Started by StoryTeller, Saturday, 06 May 2023, 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Episode 21

Ken was in the sitting room playing games with Jason when he heard a knock, he stopped what he was doing and went to open the door. He was shocked to see his mom and sister at the door, he wanted to jam the door in their faces but he decided to hear them out.

Mrs. Kings: Ken, I am sorry to disturb you, your sister has been crying that I should follow her here because she has a confession

Ken: I don't think it is necessary, my wife and I are getting along well. I don't want anything that will affect her emotionally because of her condition

Sydney: Big brother, please hear me out so that I can have a clear conscience

Ken: don't call me that, you seize to be my sister the moment you connived with evil doers to destroy my home

Mrs. Kings: let her talk, please.

Sydney: it was at your wedding, a man walked up to me and pleaded with me to help him get revenge on Ngozi. He said she is his niece but she repaid him with evil by destroying his home and keeping him in the wheelchair for months by stabbing him just because he corrected her. He told me that she is a gold digger and she will leave you after going away with your properties. I was moved to protect you when he told me that she stabbed her former lover after getting him to transfer all his wealth to her. That made me decide to ensure you guys go separate ways so that ww won't lose everything the family has.

Ken: And you believe those cheap lies? This was someone who defiled her, he raped her repeatedly and took her for abortions. How much did he pay you because I know your love for money made you yield?.

Sydney: (wipe her tears) ten million naira. Please, forgive me. I have returned his money to him, I told him I am no longer interested in the deal, and I have come to understand life better

Ken: I am highly disappointed in you, I think you need to leave, I don't want my wife to meet you here

Ngozi: (walking into the sitting room) let her be, please. You see, I owe nothing against you. I have forgiven you and handled the battle over to God, I am tired of being angry with anyone.

Sydney: (fall at her feet) I am sorry

Ngozi: it's okay, I just want you to come closer to God and I believe He will give you children. I was also at fault, I didn't understand my authority as a woman, if I had understood it, I would have used it to fight for my marriage but, it's not too late. I now understand and I tell you, Mr. Danladi doesn't know what is coming upon him shortly.

Ken: hmmm, I am falling in love with you more and more

Ngozi: (wink at him) I love you more dear

Mrs. Kings: Ngozi my daughter, can I call you daughter?

Ngozi: sure ma, I hold nothing against you ma

Mrs. Kings: (embrace Ngozi) awwn, thank you, my daughter.

To be continued...

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook. 

Episode 22

Ngozi was sitting comfortably on the cushion watching her favourite soap opera when her husband walked into the sitting room with a towel around his waist, it was obvious he had just finished taking his batth. Since Ken became a part-time pastor of the youth church, he chose Mondays for resting while Jeff help him oversee things in the office.

Ngozi: haa! Thank God, you are now awake

Ken: did anything go wrong while I was asleep?

Ngozi: no oooh just that I am hungry and I am too tired to cook jare.

Ken: hungry again?? What happened to the two derica of rice I cooked before going to sleep?

Ngozi: I have finished it, it wasn't even enough, I just had to manage it till you wake up.

Ken: haaaa, is the stew remaining?

Ngozi: no oooh, I licked the remaining when I got hungry again

Ken: how many months do you say we have to go?

Ngozi: one month na, is not my fault oooo, won't I eat when your baby demands food?

Ken: no vess ma, what do you want to eat now?

Ngozi: Okazi soup with hot fufu

Ken: just place an order, my dear, I no fit do that one

Ngozi: no ooo, I want it cooked by you

Ken: I don hear you

Ken ignored his wife's annoying demand and changed the channel of the television only to come face to face with a surprising headline which says POPULAR BUSINESS MOGUE: DANLADI ATTAH CHARGED TO COURT FOR MURDERING BUSINESS PARTNER.

Ken and his wife paid rapt attention to the news and discovered her Uncle Danladi and his friend were involved in drug trafficking, the money they realized was so huge and they were supposed to share it equally. Greed grip holds of his friends and he decided to abscond with all the money but Uncle Danladi caught up with him and strangled him to death.

After being tried in the court of law, Uncle Danladi was sentenced to death by hanging. The shock of the new got hold of Ngozi and made her went into forced labor. Ken had to rush his wife to the hospital and signed a cesarean form. A few minutes after being wheeled into the theater, Ngozi was delivered of a beautiful baby girl. Ngozi had always wanted her second child to come through a natural birth but she was grateful to God that she and her baby were safe and sound.

She looked at the beautiful baby girl who was peacefully asleep in her arms and told herself that she was indeed a blessed woman as God had finally given her rest from every side. Ken who had been running around to get some things for his wife and new baby walked in and was happy to see that his wife was out of a coma and his newborn was doing fine.

Ken: (kissed her on the cheeks) my love!!! You are truly a strong woman. She is very beautiful just like her mother

Ngozi: awwn, look, she's got your pointed nose

Ken: Exactly, my children took my nose

Ngozi: where is my son?

Ken: I took him to his grandmother's place yesterday

Ngozi: oh my! Hope he isn't troubling her.

Ken: he cried all night asking for his mommy, that boy is so attached to you. Well, they are already on their way here

Ngozi: I can't wait to see my darling

Ken: mother and son part 1

Ngozi: come on, don't be jealous. I am just so happy, God finally settled me.

Ken: Sydney was here while you were still unconscious, she came to congratulate us and to also break the news of her pregnancy to us

Ngozi: wow, I am happy for her. Life will only be sweet when God is involved and when we learn to forgive everyone around us.

Ken: you are very right, what I have learned from everything that happened is that the moment you decide to forgive your offenders and hand over the battle to God, He then begins to fight for you. Truly, unforgiveness does not pay

Ngozi: exactly, I don't even have time to bear a grudge

Ken: (kissed her again) hmmm, I love you baby

Ngozi: awwn, I love you more

Ken: thank you for the second chance, I will forever cherish it.

THE END

For more stories, kindly follow Deborah Olowojesiku on Facebook.